City of Angels [Original Soundtrack]
by Various Artists
Only 5 copies left
|You Save:||$1.50 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: March 31, 1998
- Originally Released: 1998
- Label: Reprise / WEA
- 1.If God Will Send His Angels - U2
- 2.Uninvited - Alanis Morissette
- 3.Red House - Jimi Hendrix
- 4.Feelin' Love - Paula Cole
- 5.Mama, You Got a Daughter - John Lee Hooker
- 6.Angel - Sarah McLachlan
- 7.Iris - Goo Goo Dolls
- 8.I Grieve - Peter Gabriel
- 9.I Know - Jude
- 10.Further on up the Road - Eric Clapton
- 11.Angel Falls, An - Gabriel Yared
- 12.Unfeeling Kiss, The - Gabriel Yared
- 13.Spreading Wings - Gabriel Yared
- 14.City of Angels - Gabriel Yared
Original score composed by Gabriel Yared.
Soundtrack compilation producer: Danny Bramson.
All tracks have been digitally mastered using HDCD technology.
"Iris" was nominated for a 1999 Grammy for Record Of The Year, Song Of The Year and Best Pop Performance By A Duo Or Group With Vocal. "Uninvited" won the 1999 Grammy Award for Best Female Rock Vocal Performance and Best Rock Song, and was nominated for Best Song Written For A Motion Picture Or For Television. "City Of Angels" was nominated for a 1999 Grammy for Best Instrumental Composition Written For A Motion Picture Or For Television.
Personnel: Johnny Rzeznik (vocals, guitar); Jude Christodal (vocals, acoustic guitar); Carys Lane, Alanis Morissette (vocals); David Rhodes (guitar); Dario Rossetti-Bonell, Carlos Bonnell, Rob Cavallo, Nick Lashley (acoustic guitar); Clif Magness (electric guitar); Tim Pierce (mandolin); Rolf Wilson, Kenneth Sillito (violin); Jamie Muhoberac (piano, keyboards); Damir Prcic, Paul Kimble (chamberlin); Peter Gabriel (keyboards, programming, sampler); Bill Sewell (upright bass); Gary Novak, Mike Malinin (drums, percussion); Brian Macleod , Manu Katch‚ (drums); Dominique Mahut, Will White (percussion); Alan Jenkins, Dave Lawson, Dickie Chappell, Georges Rodi, Kirsty Whalley, Alex Swift, Carmen Rizzo (programming).
Audio Mixers: Howie B; Jack Joseph Puig; James Barton ; Mark "Spike" Stent; Allen Sides ; Pierre Marchand; Roger Moutenot; Steve Osborne.
Director: Jenny O'Grady.
In the bittersweet "Angel," Sarah McLachlan croons, "You are pulled from the wreckage of your sudden reverie/You're in the arms of the angel/May you find some comfort here." U2"s "If God Will Send His Angels" asks the question, "If God will send his angels/And if God will send a sign/Where do we go?" The spiritual tone of this soundtrack, laden with angelic images, is set from the beginning, occasionally brought down to earth by bluesy entries like John Lee Hooker's "Mama, You Got a Daughter" and Eric Clapton's "Further On Up the Road." A major part of CITY OF ANGELS' appeal is its inclusion of previously unreleased material from Goo Goo Dolls, Peter Gabriel, and Alanis Morissette, whose "Uninvited" is a riveting, dramatically layered ballad which veers from sweet to edgy and stark.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 280 ratings.
Based on 280 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron (Music from the Original... (CD)
$9.72 Super Savings
Me and You and Everyone We Know [Original Score] (CD)
$12.87 Super Savings
Top ranking CD:
- The Duprees For Collectors Only: 47-Song Collection (2-CD) ~ $6.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD) ~ $19.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Summer Fun: 43-Song Collection (3-CD) ~ $8.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE