Henry Mancini The Ultimate Pink Panther
Only 7 copies left
|You Save:||$2.01 (25% Off)|
or Mix & Match 10 CDs for $49.90
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Henry Mancini ~ Best of Henry Mancini ~ $8.29
- by Henry Mancini ~ Midnight, Moonlight & Magic: The Very Best of Henry Mancini ~ $8.08
- by Henry Mancini ~ The Pink Panther [Bonus Tracks] ~ $9.90
- The Return of the Pink Panther ~ $10.83
- Released: April 5, 2004
- Originally Released: 2012
- Label: Sbme Special Mkts.
Q - p.1374 stars out of 5 - "[The album] cherry-picks the infamous Clouseau series for everything from main themes to incidental ephemera..."
- 1.The Pink Panther Theme
- 2.Royal Blue
- 3.Champagne and Quail
- 4.The Village Inn
- 5.It Had Better Be Tonight
- 6.Piano and Strings
- 7.Shades of Sennett
- 8.A Shot in the Dark
- 9.The Shadow of Paris
- 10.Summer in Gstaad
- 11.So Smooth
- 12.The Greatest Gift
- 13.The Orange Float
- 15.The Wet Look
- 16.Main Title from The Pink Panther Strikes Again: The Pink Panther Theme
- 17.Bier Fest Polka
- 18.Come to Me
- 19.Until You Love Me
- 20.The Inspector Clouseau Theme
- 21.After the Shower
- 22.Hong Kong Fireworks
- 23.Thank Heaven for Little Girls
- 24.Pink Panther Theme, The - (featuring Bobby McFerrin)
Original score composed by Henry Mancini.
Compilation producers: Didier C. Deutsch, Darcy M. Proper.
Personnel: Tom Hugh Jones, Peter Sellers (vocals); Henry Mancini (piano).
Liner Note Author: Didier C. Deutsch.
Recording information: 09/16/1963-03/09/1977.
Arrangers: Henry Mancini; Bobby McFerrin.
The Ultimate Pink Panther gathers the themes and other pieces of Henry Mancini's scores from the six Pink Panther movies. Beginning with the instantly recognizable "The Pink Panther Theme" and verging from almost unbearable romantic ("Royal Blue") and lusciously smooth ("Champagne and Quail") to silly ("It Had Better Be Tonight," "Shades of Sennett"), the tracks from 1964's film The Pink Panther are the most enjoyable. The theme to A Shot in the Dark (also from 1964), a wonderful and inventive slice of spy music, is also quite fun. The tracks from the Pink Panther films of the '70s don't hold up quite as well. One track that really measures up to the '60s work is "Main Title from The Pink Panther Strikes Again," which dresses up the original with some witty musical quotes and plays it for laughs. The Bobby McFerrin version of "The Pink Panther Theme" from 1993's Son of the Pink Panther is also interesting upon first listen. If you are looking for a disc that gathers up the best of the Pink Panther scores, this is the place, although the absolute best of Mancini's Pink Panther work can be heard in the score for the first film. ~ Tim Sendra
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 5 ratings.
Based on 5 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 14,549
- UPC: 886974859420
- Shipping Weight: 0.22/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Easy Listening: Orchestral Music Categories:
101 Strings Orchestra Christmas Memories: Thomas Kinkade (3-CD) ~
$7.87 Super Savings
American Cinema Orchestra Award Winning Movie Themes of the 80's (CD) ~
$7.16 Super Savings
- Leroy Anderson The Best of Sleigh Ride (CD) ~ $9.89
- Leroy Anderson Collection (Reg) (2-CD) ~ $16.56 on SALE
- Leroy Anderson Greatest Hits (CD) ~ $7.19