by Various Artists
|You Save:||$2.01 (25% Off)|
Out of Print: Future availability is unknown
sku: SSP 48927
- Released: August 4, 2009
- Originally Released: 2009
- Label: Sbme Special Mkts.
- 1.My Sharona - The Knack (Dave Jerden remix)
- 2.Spin the Bottle - Juliana Hatfield Three
- 3.Bed of Roses - The Indians
- 4.When You Come Back to Me - World Party
- 5.Going, Going, Gone - The Posies
- 6.Stay - Lisa Loeb & Nine Stories
- 7.All I Want Is You - U2
- 8.Locked Out - Crowded House
- 9.Spinning Around Over You - Lenny Kravitz
- 10.I'm Nuthin' - Ethan Hawke
- 11.Turnip Farm - Dinosaur Jr.
- 12.Revival! - Me Phi Me
- 13.Tempted - Squeeze ('94 version)
- 14.Baby I Love Your Way - Big Mountain
- 15.Stay (I Missed You) - Lisa Loeb (living room mix, bonus track)
- 16.Add It Up - Ethan Hawke (bonus track)
- 17.Confusion - New Order (bonus track)
- 18.Disco Inferno - The Trammps (bonus track)
- 19.Give a Man a Fish - Arrested Development (bonus track)
- 20.Fools Like Me - Lisa Loeb (bonus track)
"Stay" was nominated for Best Pop Performance By A Duo Or Group With Vocal in the 37th Annual Grammy Awards.
For this comedy about the 20-something generation, the producers of REALITY BITES put together a provocative mix of today's most potent power pop, and fashionably retro rock, a generation removed. It's a kick to hear The Knack's mega-hit "My Sharona" outside the context of its time, and funny to contemplate how "provocative" and "controversial" this sexist ode to young lust was back in less jaded times.
The generational struggle of the characters in REALITY BITES is echoed in the mix of alterna-pop vanguard artists (such as World Party, Lenny Kravitz and Dinosaur Jr.), and re-mixed hits from the late '70s and early '80s (The Knack and Squeeze, functioning metaphorically as the adolescence of the film's characters). Lisa Loeb & Nine Stories offer an earnest, folkie ballad ("Stay") which has become a surprise hit, projecting the ambivalent infatuation of the film's emotional slackers. Juliana Hatfield's "Spin The Bottle" portrays generation X's version of unabashed lust (sounding for all the world like the illegitimate spawn of Keith Richards and Leslie Gore). In short, REALITY BITES is an apt metaphor for the emerging cultural ennui of power pop, circa 1994.
Black Roses (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (LP)
$8.98 on SALE
Maniac Cop (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (LP)
$20.24 Super Savings
Johnny Be Good (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (LP)
$3.74 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 3 ratings.
Based on 3 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD)
$2.98 on SALE