- Rated: R
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 26 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: July 10, 2001
- Originally Released: 1987
- Label: Starz / Anchor Bay
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.85
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 1.85
- Additional Release Material:
- Audio Commentary: Donald G. Jackson - Director, Randall Frakes - Screenwriter
- Trailers: Theatrical Trailer
- Interactive Features:
- Scene Access
- Interactive Menus
Performers, Cast and Crew:
"Rowdy" Roddy Piper, the former WWF superstar, stars in this ultra campy low budget post apocalyptic thriller as Sam Hell, one of the few fertile males left on Earth after WWIII. Rescued from torture by a government official, Sam is outfitted with a genital monitor and sent, along with an attractive Medtech officer named Spangle (Bergman), to fertilize as many females as he can. However, when Hell and Spangle discover that the nefarious Captain Toty, the ruler of a city populated by half-human/half-frog mutants, has taken a number of healthy human females captive, they invade Frogtown to rescue the captive women. An often funny and genuinely effective sci-fi thriller, HELL COMES TO FROGTOWN is good freakish fun for those with a taste for camp.
Low-budget, tongue-in-cheek comic spoof about a nuclear armageddon and how the human survivors outwit, outrun, and outgun the frog creatures which now inhabit the planet.
- Shot in Fotokem color, Technicolor prints.
- Copyright 1987 New World Entertainment.
- "The Frog Prince" illustrations by James Marshall, copyright 1974, used in the film with permission.