Dan Pickett 1949 Country Blues
|LABOR DAY SALE:||$7.17 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$5.80 (45% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Snooks Eaglin ~ Country Boy Down in New Orleans ~ $15.28
- by George Mitchell ~ The George Mitchell Collection, Vols. 1-45 (7-CD) ~ $41.38
- by Various Artists ~ 'That's What They Want' Jook Joint Blues: Good Time Rhythm & Blues 1943-1956 (4-CD) ~ $26.08
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 2006
- Label: Collectables Records
Description by OLDIES.com:
Dan Pickett remains somewhat of a musical mystery - he played Blues inflected slide guitar and his only recordings seem to be these, which he recorded for Gotham in 1949. This 13-song collection features the five singles from his Gotham session, plus bonus tracks.
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Includes liner notes by Chris Smith.
Personnel: Dan Pickett (vocals, guitar).
1949 Country Blues is an invaluable reissue of ten sides originally released on 78s during 1949, plus four previously unreleased songs. During the '60s, these sides were highly collectable, and earned the reputation of being among the finest country-blues. That reputation wasn't misguided -- he was truly unique among country bluesmen. Pickett had a distinctive rhythmic style and unique phrasing that makes his records compelling decades after his release. He made songs from the likes of Blind Boy Fuller ("Lemon Man," also known as "Let Me Squeeze Your Lemons") and Leroy Carr ("How Long") sound like his own. At times, the music on 1949 Country Blues is simply astonishing. No serious blues collector should be without this disc. ~ Thom Owens
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 8 ratings.
Based on 8 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 20,304
- UPC: 090431531129
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Blues: Country Music Categories:
- Pink Anderson Carolina Blues Man, Volume 1 (CD) ~ $10.56 LABOR DAY
- Pink Anderson Gospel, Blues And Street Songs (CD) ~ $10.56 LABOR DAY
- Pink Anderson Medicine Show Man, Volume 2 (CD) ~ $17.08
- Kokomo Arnold Blues Classics, Volume 1 (CD) ~ $11.02
- Kokomo Arnold / Casey Bill Weldon Bottleneck Guitar Trendsetters of the 1930s (CD) ~ $16.18
- 38 Special Extended Versions (Live) (CD) ~ $4.99 on SALE
- 45 RPM "Doo Wop & Acappella" Starlight Sessions (CD) ~ $5.52 LABOR DAY
- 49th Street 49th Street (CD) ~ $5.52 LABOR DAY
- The 5th Dimension Up Up and Away - The Encore Collection (CD) ~ $5.07 LABOR DAY
- Gregory Abbott Rhyme & Reason (CD) ~ $5.07 LABOR DAY