- Released: June 25, 2013
- Originally Released: 2013
- 1.Tonight, I Celebrate My Love
- 2.Blame It On Me
- 3.Heaven Above Me
- 4.Born To Love
- 6.I Just Came Here To Dance
- 7.Comin' Alive
- 8.You're Looking Like Love To Me
- 9.Can We Find Love Again
- 10.You're Looking Like Love To Me (US Capitol Single Edit)
- 11.Heaven Above Me (UK Capitol Single Edit)
- 12.Heaven Above Me (UK Capitol 12" Single)
Liner Note Author: Gail Mitchell.
Photographer: Beverly Parker.
By the time the 1980s rolled around, Peabo Bryson was a bona fide R&B/quiet storm star, and Born to Love further solidified his place in the upper echelon of not only R&B, but pop music as well. A full album of duets with Roberta Flack (who has the knack of pairing herself with quality singing partners), the most obvious hit on the record was the opening track. "Tonight I Celebrate My Love" became a bona fide phenomenon on the R&B charts, became a highly requested wedding song, and has been licensed to numerous compilations over the years. There are some other quality songs on this record (the Bacharach/Bayer Sager penned "Blame It on Me" and the minor hit "You're Lookin' Like Love to Me"), but they all unquestionably remain in the giant shadow of "Tonight." Not an essential album by any means, but nonetheless an enjoyable listen. ~ Rob Theakston