The Allman Brothers Band Brothers and Sisters [Super Deluxe Edition] (4-CD)
|You Save:||$7 (10% Off)|
Temporarily Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
Format: CD (4 Discs)
- Number of Discs: 4
- Released: June 25, 2013
- Originally Released: 2013
- Label: Mercury
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.Wasted Words
- 2.Ramblin' Man
- 3.Come And Go Blues
- 4.Jelly Jelly
- 7.Pony Boy
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.Wasted Words (Rehearsal/1972)
- 2.Trouble No More (Rehearsal/1972)
- 3.Southbound (Instrumental Outtake/1972)
- 4.One Way Out (Rehearsal)
- 5.I'm Gonna Move To The Outskirts Of Town (Rehearsal)
- 6.Done Somebody Wrong (Rehearsal/1972)
- 7.Double Cross (Outtake/1973)
- 8.Early Morning Blues (Outtake/1973)
- 9.A Minor Jam (Studio Jam/1973)
Tracks on Disc 3:
- 1.Introduction By Bill Graham (Live At Winterland/1973)
- 2.Wasted Words (Live At Winterland/1973)
- 3.Done Somebody Wrong (Live At Winterland/1973)
- 4.One Way Out (Live At Winterland/1973)
- 5.Stormy Monday (Live At Winterland/1973)
- 6.Midnight Rider (Live At Winterland/1973)
- 7.Ramblin' Man (Live At Winterland/1973)
- 8.In Memory Of Elizabeth Reed (Live At Winterland/1973)
- 9.Satesboro Blues (Live At Winterland/1973)
- 10.Come And Go Blues (Live At Winterland/1973)
Tracks on Disc 4:
- 1.Southbound (Live At Winterland/1973)
- 2.Jessica (Live At Winterland/1973)
- 3.You Don't Love Me / Amazing Grace (Live At Winterland/1973)
- 4.Les Brers In A Minor (Live At Winterland/1973)
- 5.Blue Sky (Live At Winterland/1973)
- 6.Trouble No More (Live At Winterland/1973)
- 7.Whipping Post (Live At Winterland/1973)
Allman Brothers Band: Gregg Allman (vocals, guitar, organ), Richard Betts (vocals, guitar, slide guitar, dobro), Chuck Leavell (acoustic & electric piano), Berry Oakley, Lamarr Williams (bass), Butch Trucks (drums, percussion, congas), Jaimoe (drums, congas).
Additional personnel: Les Dudek, Tommy Talton (guitars).
Engineers: Johnny Sandlin, Ovie Sparks, Buddy Thornton.
Recorded at Capricorn Sound Studios, Macon, Georgia.
Liner Note Author: Scott Schinder.
Recording information: Capricorn Sound Studios, Macon, Georgia (09/26/1973); Winterland, San Francisco, CA (09/26/1973); Capricorn Sound Studios, Macon, Georgia (10/1972-05/1973); Winterland, San Francisco, CA (10/1972-05/1973).
Photographers: Twiggs Lyndon; Kirk West; Sidney Smith; Dan Hudson Jr.; Bo Meriwether; Herb Kossover; Robert J. Levy.
Three songs into these sessions, bassist Berry Oakley was killed in a motorcycle accident, eerily similar to the one that had claimed founding member Duane Allman a year earlier. Given these circumstances, it is amazing that, on balance, BROTHERS AND SISTERS is probably the Allman Brothers' strongest studio effort. Songwriter and guitarist Dickie Betts really hits his artistic stride here; his "Ramblin' Man," for example, not only has country soul to burn but also features one of the all-time great fadeouts, with the instrumentation building on itself and soaring into the stratosphere.
Founding member Gregg Allman, whose contributions lean more toward the band's blues roots, is in equally good form. In particular, "Wasted Words" and "Jelly Jelly" plumb seemingly bottomless depths of feeling, and the band, notably pianist Chuck Leavell, renders them with an effortless textural transparency and swing. Though not as essential as the Allman Brothers' first four albums, the superb writing and performances on BROTHERS AND SISTERS still place it among their finest releases.
Duane Allman / The Allman Brothers BandDuane Allman - Song of the South: Duane Allman and the Rise...
$14.81 LABOR DAY
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD...
$8.48 LABOR DAY
WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD)
$2.98 on SALE
Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 3 - Disc 2 (CD)
$1.98 on SALE