- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: November 20, 2007
- Label: Watertower Music
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.Hairspray, film score: Good Morning Baltimore
- 2.Hairspray, film score: The Nicest Kids In Town
- 3.Hairspray, film score: It Takes Two
- 4.Hairspray, film score: (The Legend Of) Miss Baltimore Crabs
- 5.Hairspray, film score: I Can Hear The Bells
- 6.Hairspray, film score: Ladies' Choice
- 7.Hairspray, film score: The New Girl In Town
- 8.Hairspray, film score: Welcome To The 60's
- 9.Hairspray, film score: Run And Tell That
- 10.Hairspray, film score: Big, Blonde And Beautiful
- 11.Hairspray, film score: Big, Blonde And Beautiful (Reprise) - (Reprise)
- 12.Hairspray, film score: (You're) Timeless To Me
- 13.Hairspray, film score: I Know Where I've Been
- 14.Hairspray, film score: Without Love
- 15.Hairspray, film score: (It's) Hairspray
- 16.Hairspray, film score: You Can't Stop The Beat
- 17.Hairspray, film score: Come So Far (Got So Far To Go)
- 18.Hairspray, film score: Cooties
- 19.Hairspray, film score: Mama, I'm A Big Girl Now
- 20.[CD-ROM Track]
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.Hairspray, film score: [Extras from the Film] I Can Wait
- 2.Hairspray, film score: [Extras from the Film] Breakout
- 3.Hairspray, film score: [Extras from the Film] Boink-Boink
- 4.Hairspray, film score: [Extras from the Film] Trouble on the Line
- 5.Hairspray, film score: [Extras from the Film] Mr. Pinky's Theme
- 6.Hairspray, film score: [Outtakes and Alternate Recordings] Mrs. Van Tussle Says
- 7.Hairspray, film score: [Outtakes and Alternate Recordings] Save Your Applause 'Til the End
- 8.Hairspray, film score: [Outtakes and Alternate Recordings] Turn Back the Hands of Time
- 9.Hairspray, film score: [Outtakes and Alternate Recordings] Timeless to Me
- 10.Hairspray, film score: [Outtakes and Alternate Recordings] It Ain't Over 'Til the Fat Lady Sings
- 11.Hairspray, film score: [Outtakes and Alternate Recordings] It Doesn't Get Better than This
- 12.Hairspray, film score: [Karaoke Instrumental Versions] Ladies' Choice
- 13.Hairspray, film score: [Karaoke Instrumental Versions] Welcome to the 60's
- 14.Hairspray, film score: [Karaoke Instrumental Versions] Run and Tell That
- 15.Hairspray, film score: [Karaoke Instrumental Versions] You Can't Stop the Beat
- 16.Hairspray, film score: [Karaoke Instrumental Versions] Come So Far (Got So Far to Go)
- 17.Run and Tell That
- 18.Zac Efron Becomes Link Larkin
- 19.You Can't Stop the Beat
Lyricists: Marc Shaiman; Scott Wittman.
Personnel: Christine Ebersole, Christopher Walken, Nikki Blonsky, Zac Efron, Brittany Snow, Elijah Kelley, Aimee Allen, Ricki Lake, Chester Gregory, Carmel Echols, Clifford Frazier, James Marsden, Donna Vivino, Lucian Piane, Sabrina Sloan, Michael Mayo, Katharine Leonard, Jennifer Gambatese, Jessica Rotter, Clarke Thorell, Frank Wolf, Keith Cotton, Jennifer Lewis, Ayanna Williams, Terita Redd, John Travolta, Louis Price, Marc Shaiman, Marissa Jaret Winokur, Michelle Pfeiffer, Nathan Lane, Arnold McCuller, Arthur Adams , Amanda Bynes, Shayna Steele, Bobbi Page, Shoshana Bean, Terron Brooks (vocals); Dan Higgins, Larry Andrew Williams, Joel Peskin, Bill Liston (saxophone); Gary Grant, Jerry Hey, Larry Hall , Warren Luening, Wayne Bergeron (trumpet); Steven Holtman, Alexander Iles, Charles Loper, William Frank "Bill" Reichenbach Jr. (trombone).
Audio Mixers: Ed Cherney ; Frank Wolf; Peter Mokran.
Liner Note Authors: Marc Shaiman; Adam Shankman.
Recording information: Canadian Broadcasting Corporation; Capitol Studios, Hollywood, CA; Conway Recording Studios; Legacy Recording Studios; MSI; Record Plant; sony Music Studios; Stage M; The Mastering Lab; Westlake Recording Studios.
Photographer: David James Jr.
Based on the Broadway musical (which was based on the 1988 film by John Waters), the 2007 film adaptation of HAIRSPRAY finds the story coming full circle back to the silver screen. Driven by the star power of Queen Latifah, Michelle Pfeiffer, and John Travolta (who steals the show with his dressed-in-drag performance as the protagonist's mother), the film features all the upbeat, foot-stomping songs that made the Broadway production such a hit, including "Good Morning Baltimore," "(The Legend of) Miss Baltimore Crabs," and "Big, Blonde, and Beautiful."
Marc Shaiman and Scott Wittman, the authors of the original show, wrote three new songs for the film: "New Girl in Town," "Come So Far," and the single-worthy "Ladies' Choice," and these tunes blend (in quality and in character) with the originals. Likewise, songs from the original Broadway production that do not appear in the film, including "Cooties" and "Mama, I'm a Big Girl Now" appear here in new versions. Fans may quibble over the relative merits of the stage version verses the screen, but both should enjoy these energetic performances of HAIRSPRAY's familiar songs.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 13 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to
write an online review of this product!
- UPC: 794043909825
- Shipping Weight: 0.40/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 2 items