Natalie Cole En Espanol
Only 4 copies left
|You Save:||$1.31 (9% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: June 25, 2013
- Originally Released: 2013
- Label: Verve
- 2.Voy a Apagar La Luz / Contigo Aprendi
- 3.Acercate Mas (w/ Nat King Cole)
- 4.Manana De Carnaval
- 5.Besame Mucho (w/ Andrea Bocelli)
- 6.Quizas, Quizas, Quizas
- 7.Solamente Una Vez
- 8.Oye Como Va (Medley)
- 9.Yo Lo Amo (And I Love Him)
- 10.El Dia Que Me Quieras
- 11.Bachata Rosa (w/ Juan Luis Guerra)
Audio Mixer: Bruce Weeden.
Recording information: Beach House Recording Studios, Miami, FL; No Excuses, Santa Monica, CA; Noisematch Recording Studios, Miami, FL; Studio JLG, Santo Domingo, Dominican Repiblic.
Director: Rudy P‚rez.
Photographer: Jack Guy.
Arrangers: Rudy P‚rez; Gary Lindsay.
In 1958, Nat King Cole released Cole Espa¤ol, the singer's first of three Spanish-language albums. He went to Mexico, and took his daughter along, to promote the release. Over half a century later, she takes a cue from her father with En Espa¤ol. The album contains Natalie's own versions of songs her father recorded, including "Quiz s, Quiz s, Quiz s" and "Solamente una Vez." Additionally, "Ac‚rcate M s" incorporates Nat's 1958 take … la "Unforgettable" and "Walkin' My Baby Back Home." Despite the likenesses, this isn't a mere throwback to a brief phase in Nat's career. Produced by Rudy P‚rez -- who also translates the Beatles' "And I Love Her" for a sleepy "Yo Lo Amo" -- much of the material was originally written and recorded well after the early '60s. There are several guests, including Andrea Bocelli on "B‚same Mucho," Juan Luis Guerra on an update of his "Bachata Rosa," and pianist Arthur Hanlon on a brisk five-song medley that leads with Tito Puente's "Oye Como Va." Natalie's connection to the source probably isn't much deeper than that of her father; interviews noted her enthusiasm for Mexican food and that she took Spanish classes in high school. The album, nonetheless, is a likable diversion from her norm. What she lacks in fluency is made up with zest. ~ Andy Kellman
Celia CruzThe Absolute Collection [Deluxe Ed.] (2-CD + Book)
WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD)
$2.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Mi Cielo Tropical... A Gozar Con Enrique Chia (CD)
$10.92 LABOR DAY
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $8.48 LABOR DAY
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Jimmy Buffett Down To Earth / High Cumberland Jubilee (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - The 60's, Part 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE