Flags of our Fathers [Soundtrack]
by Various Artists
Rare & Hard-To-Find Audio CDs (series)
- Released: October 20, 2006
- Originally Released: 2006
- Label: Milan Mod Afw
- 1.Flags of our Fathers, film score: The Photograph
- 2.I'll Walk Alone (from "Follow the Boys")
- 3.Knock Knock, song (used in the film "Flag of our Fathers")
- 4.Flags of our Fathers, film score: Wounded Marines
- 5.The Thunderer, march for band
- 6.Flags of our Fathers, film score: Armada Arrives
- 7.Flags of our Fathers, film score: Goodbye Ira
- 8.String Quartet No. 6 in C major, Op. 1/6, H. 3/6: Second Movement
- 9.Symphony No. 40 in G minor, K. 550: Third Movement
- 10.Flags of our Fathers, film score: Inland Battle
- 11.Flags of our Fathers, film score: Flag Raising
- 12.Any Bonds Today, song
- 13.Summit Ridge Drive
- 14.Vict'ry Polka, song
- 15.Flags of our Fathers, film score: The Medals
- 16.Flags of our Fathers, film score: Platoon Swims
- 17.The Washington Post, march for band
- 18.Flags of our Fathers, film score: Flags Theme
- 19.Flags of our Fathers, film score: End Titles Guitar
- 20.Flags of our Fathers, film score: End Titles
Composers: Clint Eastwood ; Kyle Eastwood; Michael Stevens .
Personnel: Dinah Shore (vocals); Dennis Budimir, Bruce Forman (guitar); Al Hershberger, David Ewart, Gil Romero, Katia Popov, Robin Olson, Barbara Porter, Raphael Rishik, Pat Johnson , Olivia Tsui, Debra Price, Marc Sazer, Razdan Kuyumjian, Horia Moroaica, Claudia Parducci, Jennifer Levin, Jacqueline Brand , Natalie Leggett, Margaret Wooten, Tiffiany Yi Hu, Darius Campo, Michael Markman, Charlie Bisharat, Haim Shtrum (violin); Dan Neufeld, Shawn Mann, Kazi Pitelka, Victoria Miskolczy, Matthew Funes , Karie Prescott, Pamela Goldsmith, Janet Lakatos, Danny Seidenberg, Darrin McCann, Samuel Formicola, Andrew Duckles (viola); Mathew Cooker, Trevor Handy, Timothy Landauer, Erika Duke-Kirkpatrick, Chris Ermacoff, Rowena Hamil, James Freebarin-Smith, Larry Corbett, Armen Ksadjikian, Dane Little, Roger Lebow (cello); Phillip O'Connor , Larry Hughes, Gary Herbig, Joel Peskin (clarinet); Dan Higgins , Gene Cipriano, Jack Nimitz, Lanny Morgan (saxophone); Jack Sheldon, Rick Baptist, Warren Luening, Ron Stout (trumpet); Andy Martin , Bill Watrous, Charles Loper (trombone); Steven Holtman (euphonium); Tommy Johnson (tuba); Justin Hageman, Phillip Yao , Brian O'Connor , Richard Todd , Brad Warnaar (horns); Michael Lang (keyboards); Alan Estes, Emil Radocchia, Daniel Greco , Kim Edmundson (percussion).
Arrangers: Kyle Eastwood; Michael Stevens .
Swelling patriotism meets haunting solemnity on the soundtrack to Clint Eastwood's directorial masterpiece about the iconic flag-raisers of Iwo Jima. In addition to earning him a Golden Globe nomination for the score of his film Million Dollar Baby, the actor/director's lifelong love of jazz and keen ability as a composer have traditionally made the soundtracks to his films musical events in themselves, and this collection is no exception. The score itself is a perfect blend of reflective but simple piano melodies, swelling strings, and muffled military drums. Eastwood also makes inspired choices of vintage '40s music, ranging from Dinah Shore's "I'll Walk Alone" to uplifting pro-America anthems by Irving Berlin and Sammy Cahn/Jule Styne and an Artie Shaw piece. And what would a combat-filled film be without a few John Philip Sousa numbers? Eastwood's son, popular jazz bassist Kyle Eastwood, co-composes and performs "Knock Knock," an original Django Reinhardt-flavored piece that sounds like it could have been written in the big-band era. Putting as much care into the soundtrack as he did into the details of the film, Eastwood conjures up the many conflicting emotions of the WWII era. ~ Jonathan Widran
Black Roses (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (LP)
$8.98 on SALE
Maniac Cop (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (LP)
$20.24 Super Savings
Johnny Be Good (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (LP)
$3.74 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 8 ratings.
Based on 8 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD)
$2.98 on SALE