James Horner The Rocketeer (Music from the Original Motion Soundtrack)
|You Save:||$1.10 (10% Off)|
Temporarily Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
- Released: March 12, 1996
- Originally Released: 1996
- Label: Hollywood Records
- 1.The Rocketeer, film score: Main Title / Takeoff: Main Title / Takeoff
- 2.The Rocketeer, film score: The Flying Circus
- 3.The Rocketeer, film score: Jenny
- 4.Begin the beguine, song (from "Jubilee") - (with Melora Hardin)
- 5.The Rocketeer, film score: Neville Sinclair's House
- 6.The Rocketeer, film score: Jenny's Rescue
- 7.The Rocketeer, film score: Rendezvous At Griffith Park Observatory
- 8.When your lover has gone - (with Melora Hardin)
- 9.The Rocketeer, film score: The Zeppelin
- 10.The Rocketeer, film score: Rocketeer To The Rescue / End Title: Rocketeer To The Rescue / End Title
Original score composed and conducted by James Horner.
Audio Mixer: Shawn Murphy.
Editor: Jim Henrikson.
Photographer: Ron Batzdorff.
Before Titanic, James Horner was not above composing scores for cartoonish family films, and many of those that brought him on their production board owe him greatly. The Rocketeer directed by Joe Johnston (Honey, I Shrunk the Kids, Jumanji, October Sky) entails the story of a young pilot during World War II who happens upon a rocket pack that allows him to fly. The film is based on the tradition of old film serials that left theater-goers hanging with "To be continued," and aside from modern production, it is old fashioned and innocent fun. Horner's score begins and ends with the brilliant "Main Title," which is so moving it was used in previews for later films that did not yet have finished scores. Most of the Rocketeer soundtrack elicits the adventure and lifting spirit of the film and reveals how Horner incorporates rich instrumentals in the tiniest crevices. Even when the film involves danger, as in "Jenny's Rescue," the composer takes care when it is hardly even required. Instead of some "duh-duh-duhs," he brings on a full, stunning orchestra and when he overdoes it, it is in a jolly way -- he never exhausts his medium. That is what separates him from inferior composers, and what makes a nice film like The Rocketeer extra nice. It is a soundtrack worth listening to, and Melora Hardin's covers of E.A. Swan's "When Your Lover Has Gone" and Cole Porter's "Begin the Beguine" add just the right touch of '40s authenticity. ~ Peter Fawthrop
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 35 ratings.
Based on 35 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Black Roses (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (LP)
$8.98 on SALE
Maniac Cop (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (LP)
$20.24 Super Savings
Johnny Be Good (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (LP)
$3.74 Super Savings