High Fidelity [Original Soundtrack]
by Various Artists
|You Save:||$1.30 (10% Off)|
Temporarily Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
- by Various Artists ~ Almost Famous (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) ~ $11.68
- by Soundtrack ~ Empire Records ~ $9.72
- by Soundtrack ~ Grosse Pointe Blank ~ $12.58
- High Fidelity ~ $5.21
- High Fidelity (Blu-ray) ~ $10.44
- Released: March 28, 2000
- Label: Hollywood Records
Q - 10/00, p.1324 stars out of 5 - "...Provides solace for the quiet moments: there's spunky rebellion from the Thirteenth Floor Elevators and the whole thing is completed by Stevie Wonder's 'I Believe'..."
Melody Maker - 7/18/00, p.564.5 stars out of 5 - "...This rather wonderful soundtrack album has got all the bases covered..."
- 1.You're Gonna Miss Me - 13th Floor Elevators
- 2.Everybody's Gonna Be Happy - The Kinks
- 3.I'm Wrong About Everything - John Wesley Harding
- 4.Oh! Sweet Nuthin' - The Velvet Underground
- 5.Always See Your Face - Love
- 6.Most of the Time - Bob Dylan
- 7.Fallen For You - Sheila Nichols
- 8.Dry the Rain - The Beta Band
- 9.Shipbuilding - Elvis Costello & The Attractions
- 10.Cold Blooded Old Times - Smog
- 11.Let's Get It On - Jack Black
- 12.Lo Boob Oscillator - Stereolab
- 13.Inside Game - Royal Trux
- 14.Who Loves the Sun - The Velvet Underground
- 15.I Believe (When I Fall in Love It Will Be Forever) - Stevie Wonder
HIGH FIDELITY was nominated for the 2001 Grammy Award for Best Compilation Soundtrack Album for a Motion Picture, Television or Other Visual Media.
Personnel: Harry Nilsson (vocals).
The film adaptation of Nick Hornby's cult novel relocates its independent record store setting from London to Chicago, but the HIGH FIDELITY soundtrack thankfully retains the book's eclectic spirit. Though many of the featured artists tend to get caught up in the classic-rock meat grinder, the compilers at least demonstrate great sense by bypassing obvious choices. So, instead of "Like a Rolling Stone," we find OH MERCY's terrific "Most of the Time" filling the obligatory Dylan spot. And, for once, the jittery British Invasion nugget "Everybody's Gonna Be Happy" represents the Kinks-not "You Really Got Me."
The soundtrack's lineup also includes a pair from the Velvets ("Oh Sweet Nuthin" and "Who Loves the Sun"), garage-rock icons Thirteenth Floor Elevators ("You're Gonna Miss Me"), and cutting-edge newcomers such as The Beta Band ("Dry the Rain"). There's even a surprisingly soulful cover of "Let's Get it on," done by Jack Black-half of HBO's Spinal Tap-like Tenacious D duo. HIGH FIDELITY is an unusual soundtrack, closer in spirit to a clever mix tape made by that old college roommate whose two lovers were his hi-fi and his bong.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 80 ratings.
Based on 80 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)
$19.98 on SALE
WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD)
$2.98 on SALE