Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: PG
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 2 hours, 13 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: March 24, 2009
- Originally Released: 1983
- Label: MGM (Video & DVD)
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 2.35
- Dolby Digital Surround, DTS HD Master Audio - English
- Mono - French, Spanish
- Subtitles - French, Spanish
- Additional Release Material:
- Audio Commentary: Director Irvin Kershner and James Bond Historian Steven Jay Rubin
- The Big Gamble
- Sean is Back
- The Girls of Never Say Never Again
- Theatrical Trailer
Performers, Cast and Crew:
New York Times - 10/07/1983
"...This is the better Bond, by a wide margin....Connery is in lively company..."
Variety - 10/05/1983
"...Opulently mounted....Carrera lets out all the stops as an egocentric witch....Basinger is luscious as the pivotal romantic and dramatic figure..."
Total Film - 05/01/2013
"[Connery's] ease with a quip, unflappable elegance and snappy tango moves ensures NSNA is never less than watchable."
In this remake and updated version of the 1965 THUNDERBALL, James Bond, who has been primarily teaching for the last few years, is quite happily yanked out of semiretirement to deal with the deadly SPECTRE organization's newest plan for the destruction of the planet. (The Bond story line mimics Sean Connery's semiretirement from the role, which he had last played in 1971's DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER.) Agent Number 2, also known as Maximilian Largo (Klaus Maria Brandauer), has managed to steal two cruise missiles armed with nuclear warheads, and Agent Number 1, Blofeld (Max von Sydow), has threatened to explode them in areas with large populations if a huge, and almost impossible, ransom demand from the NATO countries is not met. The film features an excellent gaming battle between Largo and Bond, as well as stunning turns by Barbara Carrera and Kim Basinger.
Description by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment:
Sean Connery is back for his final performance as superagent James Bond in this high-velocity action thriller from the director of The Empire Strikes Back. When two atomic warheads are hijacked by the evil SPECTRE organization, Agent 007 is hurled into an explosive, pulse-pounding race to save the world from nuclear terrorists!
Sean Connery, as suave as ever, returns to the role that made him an international star. This time Bond must stop a power-hungry madman who attempts to extort the world's major governments in a story that revisits THUNDERBALL.
James Bond |
Theatrical Release |
- Shot in Panavision; color by Technicolor.
- Additional cast: Pamela Salem (Miss Moneypenny), Milow Kirek (Kovacs), Pat Roach (Lippe), Anthony Sharp (Lord Ambrose),Gavan O'Herlihy (Jack Petachi) and Saskia Cohen Tanugi (Nicole).
- The film is a remake of an earlier James Bond picture THUDNERBALL (1965).
- NEVER SAY NEVER AGAIN is the first James Bond film for Sean Connery in 12 years.