- Released: November 10, 1992
- Originally Released: 1991
- Label: Gnp Crescendo
- 1.Star Trek (Main Title)
- 2.New Planet / Rabbit / School Chum
- 3.Old English
- 5.Knight / Joust
- 6.A Clue / Finnigan's Return / Leg Trick / Dirt Trick / Tiger Thoughts / 2nd Samurai
- 7.Caretaker / Lazarus
- 8.2nd Ruth
- 10.Brass Monkeys
- 11.Joe Berserk
- 12.Sulu Finks Out
- 13.D'Artagnan / Banana Farm
- 14.Out Of Control / Lurch Time / Punchy Kid
- 15.Party Time
- 16.Medicine Girl
- 17.Hot Sun / Off The Cloud
- 18.Captain's Wig
- 19.The Big Go
- 20.Time Reverse / Future Risk
- 21.Star Trek (End Credit)
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Also available with STAR TREK VOLUME ONE & STAR TREK VOLUME TWO as STAR TREK: THE CLASSIC SERIES (GNP 3006).
Original score composed by Gerald Fried and Alexander Courage.
Includes liner notes by Mark Banning.
Digitally remastered by Alan Howarth & Brian Risner.
A more than welcome third entry in the soundtrack series drawn from the original Star Trek. This time around the cues are compiled from one of Alexander Courage's rare scores for the show ("The Naked Time") and Gerald Fried's score for "Shore Leave." Amazingly, the mastering this time is an improvement over the previous release in the series -- and that disc sounded terrific. Musically, the cues here are generally more traditional, with few of the instrumental effects used in scores for episodes such as "Amok Time." Altogether, an enjoyable disc. ~ Steven McDonald