Nino Rota Death on the Nile [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack]
|You Save:||$1.40 (10% Off)|
Temporarily Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
- Death on the Nile (Deluxe Version) ~ $6.93
- by Soundtrack ~ Evil Under the Sun ~ $8.98
- Evil Under the Sun ~ $6.95
- by Prague Philharmonic Orchestra ~ Franco Zeffirelli's Romeo & Juliet (World Premiere Digital Recording of the Complete Film Score) ~ $14.85
- Released: July 10, 2006
- Label: DRG
- 1.Death on the Nile, film score: Main Titles
- 2.Death on the Nile, film score: Arrival At Wode Hall
- 3.Death on the Nile, film score: The Steamboat Departs
- 4.Death on the Nile, film score: Camels And Donkeys
- 5.Death on the Nile, film score: Duet (Main Love Theme)
- 6.Death on the Nile, film score: The Great Pyramids
- 7.Death on the Nile, film score: I Love My Baby (My Baby Loves Me)
- 8.Death on the Nile, film score: The Statues Of Rameses
- 9.Jalousie, tango for orchestra
- 10.Death on the Nile, film score: Journey On The Nile
- 11.Death on the Nile, film score: The Temple Of Karnak
- 12.Death on the Nile, film score: The Carriage Ride
- 13.Death on the Nile, film score: Jackie's Theme
- 14.Death on the Nile, film score: Fox Trot-Don't Say No To The Rain
- 15.Death on the Nile, film score: Linnet's Pearls
- 16.Death on the Nile, film score: Waltz-The White Nile
- 17.Death on the Nile, film score: The Conclusive Evidence
- 18.Death on the Nile, film score: End Titles
Composer: Nino Rota .
Audio Remasterer: Alan Silverman.
Director: John Guillermin.
Patterned after the hit 1974 film Murder on the Orient Express, director John Guillermin's 1978 motion picture Death on the Nile, with a screenplay by British playwright Anthony Shaffer (Sleuth), was also based on an Agatha Christie mystery novel of the 1930s and featured an all-star cast. And it was also filmed in a lavish retro style that brought the running time to two hours and 20 minutes. To accompany this big-scale production, the filmmakers hired veteran composer Nino Rota, best known for his collaborations with Federico Fellini (La Dolce Vita, 8 1/2), but also a big record seller with Franco Zeffirelli's Romeo and Juliet (1968) and a recent Oscar winner for Francis Ford Coppola's The Godfather, Part II (1974). In the twilight of his career (he died seven months after the film premiered), Rota brought his familiar romantic, lyrical style to his cues for Death on the Nile, which were interspersed with period source music such as Harry Warren's "I Love My Baby (My Baby Loves Me)" and Jacob Gade's "Jalousie." But he could also be playful, notably in the circus-like "Camels and Donkeys," making him an ideal accompanist for a movie that was occasionally winking at itself in its attempt to re-create a long dormant style. ~ William Ruhlmann
The Godfather Part II (The Coppola Restoration) (DVD)
$10.84 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 6 ratings.
Based on 6 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)
$19.98 on SALE
Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 3 - Disc 2 (CD)
$1.98 on SALE