- Audio Commentaries by acclaimed "Gunsmoke" Directors
- Original CBS Radio Broadcasts on 4 Episodes
- "Have Gun - Will Travel" Bonus Clip with Ken Curtis
- Soundtrack Scoring Session Featurette
- Interview with Amanda Blake on "The Mike Douglas Show"
- Number of Discs: 3
- Rated: Unrated
- Run Time: 9 hours, 45 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: October 3, 2006
- Originally Released: 1955
- Label: Paramount
- 3-Disc Set
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- (unspecified) - English
- Subtitles - English - Closed Captioned
- Additional Release Material:
- Interviews: Amanda Blake - Star (The Mike Douglas Show)
- Shorts: CBS Gunsmoke Radio Broadcast (4; audio)
- Audio Commentary: Directors (Select Episodes)
- Behind the Scenes: Soundtrack Scoring Sessions
- Interactive Features:
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Description by OLDIES.com:
An impressive roster of Hollywood talent brings a keen eye to the camera lens in this "Gunsmoke" DVD Collection that spotlights the series' acclaimed directors. The courage, character and spirit of the American West blazes across the screen in a television series that set a standard for entertainment excellence during its 20-year run (1955-1975). Join James Arness, Amanda Blake, Millburn Stone, Dennis Weaver and Ken Curtis in this fascinating collection of episodes filmed by such talents as Robert Stevenson (Old Yeller, Mary Poppins
), Arthur Hiller (Love Story, Silver Streak
), Mark Rydell (On Golden Pond, The Rose
) and Andrew V. McLaglen (McLintock!, Chisum, Hellfighters
). This three-disc set also features episodes shot by such familiar on-camera talents as Dennis Weaver, Peter Graves, William Conrad and Victor French, as they step behind the camera, don a director's cap, and add a unique, personal perspective to "Gunsmoke"'s celebrated heritage of rugged western adventures.
This collection includes 15 episodes on 3 discs.
James Arness vaulted into the annals of television history with his iconic portrayal of U.S. Marshall Matt Dillon in the long-running television Western GUNSMOKE. Armed with a quick draw and an even quicker wit, the principled and intelligent Marshall Dillon brought peace and righteousness to the lawless frontier of 1800s Dodge City with the help of his trusted deputies Chester (Dennis Weaver), Festus (Ken Curtis), Quint (Burt Reynolds), and Newly (Buck Taylor), as well as the support of his friends Doc Adams (Milburn Stone) and Miss Kitty (Amanda Blake). This collection presents episodes directed by Robert Stevenson, Arthur Hiller, Mark Rydell, Andrew V. McLaglen, Dennis Weaver, Peter Graves, William Conrad, and Victor French.
Classic Television |
Television / TV Series |
Television Shows |
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 24 ratings.
Write an online review to share your thoughts with other customers.
Movie Lover: Fred Culver
Austin, TX US
-- May, 30, 2009
Very good as all Gunsmoke Programs have been. Some better than others but good. Fred From Austin
- Sales Rank: 94,704
- UPC: 097368714441
- Shipping Weight: 0.36/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 3 items