- Original Never-Before-Seen Director's Cut
- Audio Commentary
- Original Storyboard Sequences, Comment Cards & Rare Audition Tapes
- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 35 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: November 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 1980
- Label: Synapse Films
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Director's Cut
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.78
- Dolby Digital 1.0 - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Audio Commentary: Lewis Jackson - Director; John Waters - Director
- Text/Photo Galleries:
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Description by OLDIES.com:
Harry Stadling (Brandon Maggert) is obsessed with Christmas! In fact, he wants to "be" the authentic Santa Claus, with a real suit, sleigh and reindeer. Ever since he learned the "truth" about Santa, he's tried to make Christmas a reality. Growing up a toy maker, Harry is met with naysayers and critics who mock him for his yuletide beliefs... but he wants people to get the presents they deserve, even if that means giving the gift of murder!
Cynics and uptight hypocrites beware! Lewis Jackson's classic black-comedy horror film, Christmas Evil (aka You Better Watch Out!) is, according to cult film director/auteur John Waters, "the best seasonal film of all time. I wish I had kids. I'd make them watch it every year and, if they didn't like it, they'd be punished!"
Time to hang those stockings from the fireplace and get ready... the sadistic holiday chestnut Christmas Evil is here in an all-new edition. Transferred from the director's own personal film elements, this version of Christmas Evil is the never-before-seen Director's Cut entitled You Better Watch Out!
Because of a boyhood trauma during Christmas, a man remains slightly obsessed with the holiday for the rest of his life, becoming a toy maker and keeping track of which children are naughty and nice. After learning of his company's corporate greed he snaps and goes on a killing spree dressed as Santa. A unique holiday horror film.
Black Comedy |
Santa Claus |