- Rated: Unrated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 48 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: September 9, 2008
- Originally Released: 1979
- Label: Peace Arch Trinity
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital - English
- Dubbed - French, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
A handsome, mentally retarded young man shares an intimate relationship with an attractive businesswoman in her mid-40's. When the question of marriage eventually arises, they both suddenly realize the seriousness of their friendship. Based on the novel by Colleen McCollough.
- 1.Prelude to Act Ii of Lohengrin
- 2.Waltz in C - Sharp Minor
- 3.Violin Concerto No. 1 (2nd Mvt.)
- 5.Symphony No. 2 (3rd Mvt.)
- 6.Piano Concerto in a Minor (1st Mvt.)
- 7.Emperor Waltz
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
A poignant drama about an older business woman, Mary Horton, who befriends Tim, a slightly, mentally handicapped young man who she has employed to work around her home. They develop a close, personal friendship, and Mary teaches Tim how to read and invites him down to her summer house at the beach. Though Tim's family love him very much, they are over-protective, and have no idea that he is falling in love with his employer. When Tim's mother has a heart attack and dies, it is Mary who Tim turns to for comfort, with surprising results...
Mental Illness |
Tear Jerker |
- Directorial debut for Michael Pate.
- Produced by Satori and Pisces, in association with the Australian Film Commision and the Nine Television Network of Australia.
- Shot between August and September 1978 in Sydney.
- Released theatrically in Australia July 13, 1979.
- Copyright 1979 Pisces Productions Pty Ltd.