Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: PG-13
- Run Time: 1 hours, 47 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: June 4, 2013
- Originally Released: 1985
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 2.39
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo - English, French, Spanish
- DTS HD Master Audio - English, French, Spanish
- Subtitles - English, French, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
New York Times - 07/10/1985
"...The most visually spectacular installment by far....[A] grim, futuristic vision..."
Variety - 06/26/1985
"...Exciting stuff....[The] camerawork is stunning, making brilliant use of diverse landscapes and settings....Gibson impressively fleshes out Max..."
Los Angeles Times - 07/10/1985
"...It closes the trilogy like a lightning blast....The movie is, in every sense of the phrase, outrageously entertaining..."
In this third installment in the "Mad Max" series, Max battles the crafty ruler of Bartertown, Aunty Entity (Tina Turner). Among many other pop hits, the film features the songs, "We Don't Need Another Hero," and "One of the Living."
Mad Max is back, in this third film in the popular series about a violent and desolate post-apocalyptic world.
This time, Max ventures into the city of Bartertown in order to retrieve some of his stolen goods. But Aunt Entity, the head of this mercenary hell, tells Max he can have his things back on one condition: he must fight to the death with a huge creature known as "The Blaster." Max agrees... but that's only the beginning of his wild adventures on the road.
- CFCR Rating M (Commonwealth Film Censor Rating).
- Shot in color and Panavision.
- Additional cast: Angelo Rossitto (The Master), Helen Buday (Savannah Nix), Rod Zuanic (Scrooloose), Angry Anderson (Ironbar), Paul Larsson (The Blaster), and Adam Cockburn (Jedediah Jr.).
- Approximate budget 13 million Australian dollars.
- Byron Kennedy, who produced the first two "Mad Max" films, died in a helicopter crash before this film went into production.