- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: November 16, 2004
- Label: Walt Disney Records
Entertainment Weekly - 10/12/01, p.30Ranked #20
in EW's "100 Best Movie Soundtracks" - "...All in all, this album is supercalifragil- well, you know."
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.Buena Vista Fanfare
- 3.One Man Band
- 4.Sister Suffragette
- 5.The Life I Lead
- 6.The Perfect Nanny
- 7.Air Mail / Admiral Boom / The Not So Perfect Nannies / Mary Poppins Arrives
- 8.A Spoonful of Sugar
- 9.Pavement Artists
- 10.Jolly Holiday
- 11.Jolly Holdiay
- 12.Penguin Dance
- 13.The Carousel Horses
- 15.Pavement Artists
- 16.Stay Awake
- 17.Trouble at Uncle Albert's
- 18.I Love to Laugh
- 19.British Bank, A (The Life I Lead)
- 20.Feed the Birds (Tuppence a Bag)
- 21.Father's Footsteps
- 22.Fidelity Fiduciary Bank
- 23.Panic at the Bank
- 24.Chim Chim Cher-ee / March Over The Rooftops
- 25.Step in Time
- 26.A Man Has Dreams / The (Life I Lead) / A Spoonful Of Sugar
- 27.Mr. Banks Is Discharged
- 28.Let's Go Fly a Kite
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.The Mary Poppins Story Meetings
- 2.The Mary Poppins Story Meetings
- 3.The Mary Poppins Story Meetings
- 4.The Mary Poppins Story Meetings
- 5.The Mary Poppins Story Meetings
- 6.The Mary Poppins Story Meetings
- 7.The Mary Poppins Story Meetings
- 8.The Mary Poppins Story Meetings
- 9.The Mary Poppins Story Meetings
- 10.The Mary Poppins Story Meetings
- 11.The Mary Poppins Story Meetings
- 12.The Mary Poppins Story Meetings
- 13.The Mary Poppins Story Meetings
- 14.The Mary Poppins Story Meetings
- 15.The Mary Poppins Story Meetings
- 16.The Mary Poppins Story Meetings
- 17.The Mary Poppins Story Meetings
- 18.The Mary Poppins Story Meetings
- 19.The Mary Poppins Story Meetings
- 20.The Mary Poppins Story Meetings
- 21.The Mary Poppins Story Meetings
- 22.Hollywood Spotlight Microphone
- 23.The Sherman Brothers Reminisce About Their Work on Mary Poppins
Original score composed by Robert M. Sherman and Robert B. Sherman.
Principal cast includes: Julie Andrews (Mary Poppins); Dick Van Dyke, Glynis Johns, David Tomlinson, Karen Dotrice, Matthew Garber, Ed Wynn, The Pearlie Chorus, Richard M. Sherman, J. Pat O'Malley.
Music arranged and conducted by Irwin Kostal.
Producers: Ron Kidd, Randy Thornton, Ted Kryczko.
Includes liner notes by Randy Thornston.
Digitally remastered by Shawn Murphy, Bruce Botnick and Jeff Sheridan (Soundworks, Hollywood, California), and John Polito (Audio Mechanics, Los Angeles, California).
Composer/Lyricists: Richard M. Sherman; Robert B. Sherman.
Personnel: Ginny Tyler, Marc Breaux, Bill Lee, Hermione Baddeley, Nackvid Keyd, Karen Dotrice, Marni Nixon, Matthew Garber, Paul Frees, Reta Shaw, Thurl Ravenscroft (vocals); Richard M. Sherman (kazoo); Irwin Kostal (sound effects); Julie Andrews (vocals, whistling); Dave Tomlinson, Dick Van Dyke, Ed Wynn, Glynis Johns (vocals); Elsa Lanchester.
Audio Mixers: Jeff Sheridan; John Polito; Shawn Murphy; Bruce Botnick.
Liner Note Author: Randy Thornton.
Recording information: Richard Sherman's Home (04/12/1963-02/??/1989).
Director: Robert Stevenson.
Editor: Randy Thornton.
Arranger: Irwin Kostal.
A beautifully remastered and expanded version of the soundtrack to the innovative blend of live action and animation that some critics have called MY FAIR LADY for tots and the best children's movie ever made. Hyperbole? Perhaps, but there's no doubt that MARY POPPINS is the most inventive film musical of the '60s, with a score by longtime Disney contract writers Richard and Robert Sherman that positively brims with hits ("Chim-Chimeree," "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious," "A Spoonful of Sugar"). Interesting, perhaps ironic, historical footnote: The remastering here was partially supervised by Bruce Botnick, best known as the engineer on all of the Doors' albums.