- Released: September 28, 2004
- Originally Released: 2004
- Label: Walt Disney Records
- 1.Aladdin, film score: Arabian Nights
- 2.Aladdin, film score: Legend of the Lamp
- 3.Aladdin, film score: One Jump Ahead
- 4.Aladdin, film score: Street Urchins
- 5.Aladdin, film score: One Jump Ahead (Reprise)
- 6.Aladdin, film score: Friend Like Me
- 7.Aladdin, film score: To Be Free
- 8.Aladdin, film score: Prince Ali
- 9.Aladdin, film score: A Whole New World
- 10.Aladdin, film score: Jafar's Hour
- 11.Aladdin, film score: Prince Ali (Reprise)
- 12.Aladdin, film score: The Ends of the Earth
- 13.Aladdin, film score: The Kiss
- 14.Aladdin, film score: On a Dark Night
- 15.Aladdin, film score: Jasmine Runs Away
- 16.Aladdin, film score: Marketplace
- 17.Aladdin, film score: The Cave of Wonders
- 18.Aladdin, film score: Aladdin's Word
- 19.Aladdin, film score: The Battle
- 20.Aladdin, film score: Happy End in Agrabah
- 21.Aladdin, film score: A Whole New World (Aladdin's Theme)
- 22.Aladdin, film score: Proud of Your Boy (Demo Version)
- 23.Aladdin, film score: High Adventure (Demo Version)
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Original score by Alan Menken.
Digitally remastered by Bruce Botnick & Josh Gabriel.
"A Whole New World (Aladdin's Theme)," performed by Peabo Bryson & Regina Belle, won 1994 Grammy Awards for Record Of The Year, for Pop Duo Or Group With Vocal and for Song For A Motion Picture Of Television. It was nominated for Song Of The Year.
ALADDIN won the 1994 Grammy Award for Musical Album For Children and for Instrumental Composition for a Motion Picture or Television Production.
Includes two bonus tracks.
Composer: Alan Menken.
Personnel: Alan Menken (vocals); Howard Ashman, Jonathan Freeman, Lea Salonga, Bruce Adler, Brad Kane (vocals).
Audio Mixers: Bruce Botnick; Dana Jon Chappelle.
Arrangers: Alan Menken; Daniel Troob; Robbie Buchanan.
The soundtrack to Disney's Aladdin features another first-rate score by composer Alan Menken and lyricists Howard Ashman and Tim Rice, who helped Menken complete the score when Ashman died before it was finished. The film's hit single "A Whole New World" and Robin Williams' bravura performance as the magic lamp on songs such as "Friend Like Me" and "Prince Ali" are justifiably credited as the album's highlights. Aladdin's score is consistently good, rivaling the best of Disney's other animated musicals from the '90s. The manic "One Jump" and "Arabian Nights" (which was later re-recorded to remove lyrics potentially offensive to Arabs) are cut from the cloth of classic Broadway show tunes, while Menken's instrumental cues range from the sweetly cartoonish "To Be Free" to the romantic "Kiss" to the ominous "Jafar's Hour" and "On a Dark Night." While it's not quite as brilliant as the music from The Little Mermaid or Beauty & the Beast, Aladdin is still a fine soundtrack and an auspicious debut for Menken and Rice's collaboration. ~ Heather Phares