Golden Slumbers: A Father's Lullaby
by Various Artists
Only 8 copies left
|You Save:||$1.30 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: May 28, 2013
- Originally Released: 2013
- Label: Artistry Music
- 1.Blackbird - Dave Koz / Jeff Koz
- 2.Isn't She Lovely - John Stoddart
- 3.Charlotte's Song - Peter White
- 4.Brahms' Lullaby - Brian Culbertson
- 5.You'll Be In My Heart - Grant Geissman / Steve Kujala / Brad Cole
- 6.Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star - Dave Koz / Jeff Koz
- 7.When You Wish Upon a Star - David Benoit
- 8.Hush Little Baby - Bruce Watson
- 9.Somewhere Over the Rainbow - Rick Braun
- 10.Lullaby for Isabella - Dave Koz / Jeff Koz
- 11.Afro Cuban Lullaby - Bruce Watson
- 12.All the Pretty Horses / Scarborough Fair - Grant Geissman / Brad Cole
- 13.You Can Close Your Eyes - Norman Brown
- 14.Golden Slumbers - Dave Koz / Jeff Koz
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
"Blackbird" (Dave & Jeff Koz) was nominated for the 2003 Grammy Awards for Best Pop Instrumental Performance.
Take that, snobby straight-ahead jazz purists! Finally, the elite of smooth jazz have put together a project where it would be a compliment to hear that it put you to sleep -- or rather, your children. The mastermind of saxman Dave Koz and his brother, Jeff Koz, and the first release from Koz's Rendezvous Entertainment, this beautifully conceived and crafted recording has two modes: slow and slower. But that's intentional, as many of the genre's new dads (Peter White, Rick Braun, David Benoit) find quietly eloquent ways to lull their babes to sleep via their primary instruments. Some, like Benoit ("When You Wish Upon a Star") and Braun ("Somewhere Over the Rainbow"), pick the tried and true, while others, like White, write their own classic (the graceful, mystical "Charlotte's Song"). The Koz boys also contribute a new piece and bookend the project with soft-hearted soprano sax-driven takes on Beatles classics, including the title track. Perhaps the most unexpected treat is the fairy dusty take on Phil Collins' "You'll Be in My Heart" by flutist Steve Kujala and acoustic guitarist Grant Geissman. Others participating in the brigade of happy dads (and those who play music for and like dads) are Norman Brown, Brian Culbertson, Bruce Watson, and Brad Cole. Parents will be dreaming sweet long after the child is off to slumberland. ~ Jonathan Widran
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 137 ratings.
Based on 137 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD...
$8.48 Super Savings
WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD)
$2.98 on SALE