- Released: February 27, 2001
- Label: Decca U.S.
- 1.Gladiator, film score: Duduk of the North
- 2.Gladiator, film score: Now We Are Free - (Juba's Mix)
- 3.Gladiator, film score: The Protector of Rome - (featuring Richard Harris)
- 4.Gladiator, film score: Homecoming - (featuring Joaquin Phoenix)
- 5.Gladiator, film score: The General Who Became a Slave
- 6.Gladiator, film score: The Slave Who Became a Gladiator - (featuring Russell Crowe)
- 7.Gladiator, film score: Secrets
- 8.Gladiator, film score: Rome is the Light
- 9.Gladiator, film score: All that Remains
- 10.Gladiator, film score: Maximus
- 11.Marrakesh Marketplace (for movie Gladiator)
- 12.Gladiator, film score: The Gladiator Waltz
- 13.Gladiator, film score: Figurines (Yan Ching)
- 14.Gladiator, film score: The Mob
- 15.Gladiator, film score: Busy Little Bee - (featuring Russell Crowe)
- 16.Gladiator, film score: Death Smiles At Us All - (featuring Joaquin Phoenix)
- 17.Gladiator, film score: Not yet
- 18.Gladiator, film score: Now We Are Free (Maximus Mix) - (Maximus Mix)
This is an Enhanced audio CD which contains regular audio tracks and multimedia computer files.
MORE MUSIC FROM GLADIATOR features music not included in the original soundtrack plus dialogue from the film.
Music composed by Hans Zimmer and Lisa Gerrard.
Producers: Hans Zimmer, Klaus Badelt, Alan Meyerson.
Recorded at Air Studios, Lyndhurst, London, England. Includes liner notes by Lisa Gerrard and Hans Zimmer.
Personnel: Hans Zimmer (synthesizer); Lisa Gerrard (vocals, yang-chin); Jeff Rona (flute); Djivan Gasparian (duduk).
Audio Mixer: Alan Mayerson.
Audio Remixers: Eric Calvi; Fred Jorio.
Liner Note Authors: Lisa Gerrard ; Hans Zimmer .
Recording information: Air Studios Lyndhurst, London, England.
Photographer: Jaap Buitendijk.
Arrangers: Lisa Gerrard ; Hans Zimmer .
The original soundtrack for GLADIATOR won a Golden Globe for Best Original Score, as well as Oscar and Grammy nominations for Best Score Soundtrack Album From A Motion Picture. This follow up CD, featuring added dialogue from the movie, is a must-have for any fan. The score is again penned by Hans Zimmer, who previously thrilled us with HANNIBAL, MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE 2, and THE LION KING.
"The Slave Who Became a Gladiator," with its rousing percussion, grips the listener from the first note and builds to a huge climax. "The Gladiator Waltz," heard here in its original synth demo version, is equally outstanding. "Now We Are Free (Maximus Mix)," featuring Lisa Gerrard (formerly of Dead Can Dance), is a sweeping, beautiful dance number. With MORE MUSIC, Zimmer and Gerrard have created a powerful work that complements GLADIATOR's grand cinematic triumph, and which perfectly matches the feel of the movie.