Soul Generation Golden Classics Edition
|You Save:||$2.99 (23% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by The Softones ~ The Best of the Softones ~ $12.11
- by The Temprees ~ The Best of The Temprees ~ $10.56
- by The Five Stairsteps ~ The First Family of Soul: The Best of the Five Stairsteps (Remastered) ~ $5.97 (Save 25%)
- by The Ebonys ~ Golden "Philly" Classics ~ $10.98 (Save 27%)
- by The Originals ~ The Very Best of the Originals ~ $8.34
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 1993
- Label: Collectables Records
Description by OLDIES.com:
A whole generation grew up on the Soul Generation. This sweet sounding vocal quartet was formed when its members were still in high school in Jersey City, NJ. Their break-out hit was "Body and Soul", which was released independently, and later led to a record deal on their own. With harmonies that could make them sound like the Chi-Lites, the group was just as comfortable with up tempo numbers as they were with ballads, as this collection of their best proves.
- 1.Super Fine
- 2.In Your Way
- 3.Wait So Long
- 4.Million Dollars
- 5.Young Bird
- 6.Black Man
- 7.Ray Of Hope
- 9.Sweet Thing
- 10.Body & Soul
- 11.Sweet Music To My Ears
- 12.What's In It For Me
- 13.Yesterday's Memories
- 14.Hooked On You
- 15.I've Got That Lovin' Feelin'
- 16.I Don't Know Why
- 17.All's Well
- 18.Take A Little Time
- 19.She Comes Up
- 20.Just In The Nick Of Time
Includes liner notes By Paul Kyser.
Liner Note Author: Paul L. Kyser.
Twenty tracks, ballads and shufflers, with a feeble attempt at social commentary, "Black Man." A sweet falsetto similar to the Younghearts' Ronnie Preyer leads more than half the songs; a David Ruffin-ish tenor cranks out the rest and serves as a balance to the syrup. Some digression occurs on "What's in It for Me," which is loaded with studio tricks; "Wait So Long" mimics a Thom Bell production; and "I've Got That Lovin' Feelin'" reverses the theme of the Righteous Brothers' "You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'." "Super Fine," "I Don't Know Why," and "Ray of Hope" are stellar representations. A fine singing group, but nobody, including producer Paul Kyser, had the Midas Touch and the Soul Generation never enjoyed a national R&B hit. ~ Andrew Hamilton
The JonesesEarly Soul Years - Golden "Soul" Classics From The 70's (CD)
$8.43 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 15 ratings.
Based on 15 ratings.
Write an online review to share your thoughts with other customers.
Golden Classic Edition - Soul Generation Music Lover: Dan from Florida -- September, 21, 2007
This group not as well known as the Moments, Delfonics, Chi-Lites and some of the other groups but sounds just as good! If you like those groups, you will love The Soul Generation!
- Sales Rank: 20,182
- UPC: 090431521229
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Collectables Records Labels:
- ? and The Mysterians 96 Tears (New Stereo Recording) / Midnight Hour (New Stereo Recording) (45) ~ $3
- 1910 Fruitgum Co. / Kasenetz-Katz Super Circus Indian Giver / Quick Joey Small (45) ~ $1 on SALE
- Faye Adams Herald Recordings (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- Jerri Adams It's Cool Inside / Play For Keeps (CD) ~ $9.73 on SALE
- Johnny Adams / Jeannie C. Riley Reconsider Me / Harper Valley PTA (45) ~ $3
Top ranking titles in the R&B / Soul genre:
- War Me And Baby Brother / Ballero (45) ~ $2.99 on SALE
- The Gap Band Early In The Morning / Open Your Mind (Wide) (45) ~ $2.99 on SALE
- Tony! Toni! Toné! Feels Good / Little Walter (45) ~ $2.99 on SALE
- The Drifters There Goes My Baby: 10-Song Collection (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Bill Withers Ain't No Sunshine / Use Me (45) ~ $3