Jimmy Briscoe & The Little Beavers Golden Classics Edition
|You Save:||$4.54 (35% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 1993
- Label: Collectables Records
Description by OLDIES.com:
Baltimore group Jimmy Briscoe & The Little Beavers produced some great early '70s R&B/Pop. Lead singer Jimmy Briscoe had a range of nearly four octaves and is remembered as one of the best tenor ballad R&B vocalists of all time. With this collection the group takes their rightful place among the R&B/Pop singing greats.
- 2.Rockin' And Dancing
- 3.I Only Feel This Way When I'm With You
- 4.Into The Milky Way
- 5.My Ebony Princess
- 6.I'll Need Your Love, (Theme From Forever)
- 7.Pack Up
- 8.Together (We'll Find The Way)
- 9.Marching To Higher Ground
- 10.Country To The City (I'm Going Back To The Country)
- 11.My Fallen Angel (You Turned Out To Be A Devil)
- 12.Theme From My Ebony Princess
- 13.Invitation To The World
- 14.Living For Today
- 15.So Sweet The Love
- 16.Here's Love Coming
- 17.I'll Make You Happy
- 18.Ain't Nothing New Under The Sun
- 19.True Love
Includes liner notes by Paul Kyser.
Liner Note Author: Paul L. Kyser.
The only missing element in this CD discography of Jimmy Briscoe & the Little Beavers' career is the Atlantic Records single "Why Do Fools Fall in Love" b/w "Sugar Brown" (9/1971) cut prior to these 19 tracks on J City, Pi Kappa, Wanderick, and Salsoul Records. The Jersey group led by Jimmy Briscoe (lead, first tenor, second tenor) also featured Stanford Stansberry's hard-edged second tenor/baritone at times. They cut good records, but nothing fantastic, and rarely got played outside the New Jersey/New York area. Furthermore, the name denotes a kiddie group and didn't help matters, which is a shame because they recorded some good material that merited attention. Some of their better moments include "Forever," a consummate wedding song; the contagious "Rockin' and Dancing"; "Together We'll Find the Way"; the romantic "My Ebony Princess"; and "My Fallen Angel," a love-happy, up-tempo song with energetic vocals. ~ Andrew Hamilton
The JonesesEarly Soul Years - Golden "Soul" Classics From The 70's (CD)
$8.43 on SALE
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 15 ratings.
Based on 15 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 35,309
- UPC: 090431521120
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Collectables Records Labels:
- ? and The Mysterians 96 Tears (New Stereo Recording) / Midnight Hour (New Stereo Recording) (45) ~ $4
- Faye Adams Herald Recordings (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- Jerri Adams It's Cool Inside / Play For Keeps (CD) ~ $9.73 on SALE
- Johnny Adams / Jeannie C. Riley Reconsider Me / Harper Valley PTA (45) ~ $4
- Johnny Adams Reconsider Me - A Golden Classics Edition (CD) ~ $9.98 on SALE