Monty Python's Spamalot [Original Broadway Cast Recording]
by Various Artists
LOW STOCK: Only 2 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$15 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$4.98 (25% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Various Artists ~ Avenue Q (2003 Original Broadway Cast) ~ $9.22
- by Soundtrack ~ The Book of Mormon (Original Broadway Cast) ~ $15.38
- by Howard Ashman ~ Little Shop of Horrors [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack] ~ $9.89
- by Various Artists ~ The Producers [Original Broadway Cast Recording] ~ $9.71
- by Various Artists ~ Young Frankenstein: The New Mel Brooks Musical (Original Broadway Cast Recording) ~ $9.89
- Released: May 3, 2005
- Originally Released: 2005
- Label: Decca Broadway
Rolling Stone - No. 975, p.763 stars out of 5 - "[D]avid Hyde Pierce, Tim Curry and others [belt out] spoofy and ridiculously clever tunes that don't need to be seen to be believed or enjoyed."
- 1.Tuning - Original Cast Recording
- 2.Overture - Original Cast Recording
- 3.Historian's Introduction to Act I - Original Cast Recording
- 4.Finland / Fisch Schlapping Dance - Original Cast Recording
- 5.Monks Chant / He Is Not Dead Yet - Original Cast Recording
- 6.Come With Me - Original Cast Recording
- 7.Laker Girls Cheer - Original Cast Recording
- 8.Song That Goes Like This, The - Original Cast Recording
- 9.He Is Not Dead Yet (Playoff) - Original Cast Recording
- 10.All For One - Original Cast Recording
- 11.Knights Of The Round Table / The Song That Goes Like This (Reprise) - Original Cast Recording
- 12.Find Your Grail - Original Cast Recording
- 13.Run Away - Original Cast Recording
- 14.Intermission, The - Original Cast Recording
- 15.Historian's Introduction to Act II - Original Cast Recording
- 16.Always Look on the Bright Side of Life - Original Cast Recording
- 17.Brave Sir Robin - Original Cast Recording
- 18.You Won't Succeed on Broadway - Original Cast Recording
- 19.Diva's Lament (Whatever Happened to My Part?) - Original Cast Recording
- 20.Where Are You? - Original Cast Recording
- 21.His Name Is Lancelot - Original Cast Recording
- 22.I'm All Alone - Original Cast Recording
- 23.Twice in Every Show - Original Cast Recording
- 24.Act II Finale - Original Cast Recording
- 25.Always Look on the Bright Side of Life (Company Bow) - Original Cast Recording
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Composer: John Du Prez.
Composer/Lyricist: Eric Idle.
Various Artists: David Hyde Pierce, Hank Azaria, Michael McGrath, Steve Rosen, Tim Curry, Christopher Sieber, Christian Borle.
Personnel: Scott Kuney (acoustic guitar, electric guitar, banjo, ukulele); Abe Appleman, Maura Giannini, Hae Young Ham, Michael Roth , Ming Yeh, Martin Agee, Cenovia Cummins , Suzanne Ornstein (violin); Richard Brice, Lois Martin, Tom Rosenthal (viola); Diane Barere, Stephanie Cummins, Jeanne LeBlanc (cello); Kenny Dybisz (flute, piccolo, recorder, clarinet, oboe, alto saxophone); Alden Banta (clarinet, bass clarinet, bassoon, tenor saxophone); John Chudoba (trumpet, piccolo trumpet); Anthony Gorruso (trumpet); Zohar Schondorf (French horn); Mark Patterson (trombone); Anthony Geralis (piano, synthesizer); Ethyl Will (keyboards); David Kuhn (acoustic bass, electric bass); Sean McDaniel (drums, percussion); David Mancuso (timpani, percussion).
Audio Mixers: Frank Filipetti; Jason Stasium.
Liner Note Author: John Du Prez.
Recording information: Right Track Recording Studios, New York, NY (02/07/2005).
Directors: Todd Ellison ; Mike Nichols .
Photographer: Larry Mah.
Arranger: Glen Kelly.
Silliness abounds on the Broadway cast recording of MONTY PYTHON'S SPAMALOT, a loose adaptation of the revered (and much-quoted) film MONTY PYTHON AND THE HOLY GRAIL. Penned by Python member Eric Idle (along with his musical collaborator John Du Prez), SPAMALOT follows the absurd adventures of King Arthur (Tim Curry) and his Knights of the Round Table, including Sir Robin (David Hyde Pierce) and Sir Lancelot (Hank Azaria). While the production plays into the conventions of the musical, with plenty of over-the-top singing, it also subverts those cliches, most notably on the hilarious "The Song That Goes Like This," which skewers the Broadway standard of sugary-sweet romantic duets (where a couple can "overact like hell"). Throughout SPAMALOT, cheeky Python-esque humor is always on hand, so much so that the production even includes "Always Look on the Bright Side Of Life," the classic sing-along number from another favorite Python movie, LIFE OF BRIAN.
The CBS Television Specials: Live at Carnegie Hall/ Live at... (CD)(12)
$14.53 Super Savings
La La Land (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (CD)
$9.71 Super Savings
Black Roses (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (LP)(2)
$12.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 161 ratings.
Based on 161 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!