John Williams Jaws [Original Soundtrack] [Bonus Tracks]
|You Save:||$1.60 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: July 11, 2000
- Originally Released: 2000
- Label: Imports
Entertainment Weekly - 10/12/01, p.38Ranked #53 in EW's "100 Best Movie Soundtracks" - "...Precise and dynamic..."
Mojo (Publisher) - 6/02, p.67Included in Mojo's "100 Coolest Movie Soundtracks" - "...It's the thundering thumping leit motif that steals the show, but Williams' creative use of sea shanties and dark, mood mosaics are also noteworthy."
- 1.Jaws, film score: Main Title and First Victim
- 2.Jaws, film score: The Empty Raft
- 3.Jaws, film score: The Pier Incident
- 4.Jaws, film score: The Shark Cage Fugue
- 5.Jaws, film score: Shark Attack
- 6.Jaws, film score: Ben Gardner's Boat
- 7.Jaws, film score: Montage
- 8.Jaws, film score: Father and Son
- 9.Jaws, film score: Into the Estuary
- 10.Jaws, film score: Out to Sea
- 11.Jaws, film score: Man against Beast
- 12.Jaws, film score: Quint's Tale
- 13.Jaws, film score: Brody Panics
- 14.Jaws, film score: Barrel off Starboard
- 15.Jaws, film score: The Great Shark Chase
- 16.Jaws, film score: Three Barrels Under
- 17.Jaws, film score: Between Attacks
- 18.Jaws, film score: The Shark Approaches
- 19.Jaws, film score: Blown to Bits
- 20.Jaws, film score: "Jaws" End Titles
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Composed by John Williams.
The 25th Anniversary edition contains the original music cues from "Jaws" and various previously unreleased tracks.
Original score composed by John Williams.
Includes liner notes by John Williams & Steven Spielberg.
All tracks have been digitally remastered.
Recording information: 20th Century Fox Studios.
Jaws was John Williams' first film score to capture the imagination of the public, and the first hit movie score of the 1970s not to involve a love theme (… la Love Story). The obvious centerpiece of the music is the bump-bump-bump-bump theme associated with the movements (usually unseen) of the shark, which became so well known that it was used as an essential part of various comedy sketches in a multitude of media at the time (Williams himself quoted it comically in his scoring for Steven Spielberg's 1941). It does reappear in numerous forms, many of them veiled, throughout the score, along with a handful of additional memorable musical phrases associated with Williams' score, many involving the hunt for the shark. This was not only where John Williams' career as a superstar soundtrack composer began but also where he first started using the musical attributes that would identify that phase of his career. ~ Bruce Eder
John WilliamsE.T. The Extra-Terrestrial [20th Anniversary Remaster]
E.T. L'Extra Terrestre: Musique De John Williams (LP)
$7.49 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 42 ratings.
Based on 42 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
What the World Needs Now: Burt Bacharach Classics (CD)
$8.84 Super Savings
Jaws 3-Movie Collection: Jaws 2 / Jaws 3 / Jaws: The... (DVD)
$10.83 Super Savings
Top ranking titles in the Soundtracks genre:
Soundtrack River's Edge (Soundtrack Album) (LP) ~
$4.49 Super Savings
John Carpenter / Alan Howarth Big Trouble In Little China (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (LP) ~
$25 Super Savings
- Various Artists Black Roses (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (LP) ~ $8.98 on SALE
Jay Chattaway Maniac Cop (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (LP) ~
$20.24 Super Savings
Alan Silvestri The Delta Force (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (LP) ~
$3.49 Super Savings
Top ranking CD:
- Jimmy Buffett Down To Earth / High Cumberland Jubilee (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - The 60's, Part 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $9.98 on SALE