- Rated: R
- Run Time: 2 hours, 15 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: March 22, 2009
- Originally Released: 1991
- Label: Universal Studios
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Snap Case
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 2.35
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono French
- Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround English
- Subtitles: English, SDH, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Rolling Stone - 06/27/1991
"...Solid performances....An earnest testimonial to firefighters..."
Sight and Sound - 08/01/1991
"...BACKDRAFT prides itself on the authenticity of its action sequences..."
USA Today - 05/24/1991
Two feuding brothers carry on a heroic family tradition in the Chicago Fire Department. Before the smoke clears, love affairs are rekindled and lives are shattered as the brothers fight to resolve their differences and solve a puzzling series of arson attacks, each ignited by explosive phenomena known as backdrafts.
Family Interaction |
Theatrical Release |
- Paul Huston served as visual effects art director.
- Filmed in Chicago. Color by Deluxe. Sound by Dolby.