- Rated: PG
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 2 hours
- Video: Color
- Released: October 17, 2000
- Originally Released: 1971
- Label: MGM (Video & DVD)
Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
Packaging: Keep Case
Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 2.35
- Dolby Digital Surround - English
Additional Release Material:
- Audio Commentary - 1. Guy Hamilton - Director
- - 2. Members of Cast & Crew
- Documentary - INSIDE DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER
- Documentary - CUBBY BROCCOLI-THE MAN BEHIND BOND
- Deleted Scenes
- Trailers - 1. Original Theatrical
- - 2. Television Spots
- - 3. Radio Spots
- Collectible "Making-Of" Booklet
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Superspy James Bond (Sean Connery) gets tangled up in the wild world of international diamond smuggling. But hold on--the mission is not quite so simple as it seems; his chase of the jewel thieves leads him to conspirators with plans for unleashing a nuclear armageddon on an unsuspecting planet. The majority of the action takes place on the gaudy, glittering streets of Las Vegas, as Bond negotiates the grotesque terrain with his customary aplomb and fancy mechanical gadgets. As always, he manages to dally with several sexy bombshells along the way, including the wonderful Lana Wood as Plenty O'Toole. Connery is as suave and entertaining as ever, taking on the menacing Charles Gray, who is trying his hand at playing Bond's archenemy, Blofeld. Look for the car chase down a narrow alley.
Sean Connery is back in the seventh Bond film and the first to utilize American locations. James Bond follows diamond smugglers to Las Vegas, where a Howard Hughes-like millionaire appears to be using them in a deadly space weapon. Academy Award Nominations: Best Sound.
Based On A Novel |
Classic Fight Scenes |
James Bond |
Las Vegas, Nevada |
Secret Agents |
Theatrical Release |
- Shot in Technicolor.
- Additional cast: Burt Metcalf (Maxwell), Peter Smith (Kidd), Leonard Barr (Shady Tree), Donna Garratt (Bambi), Trina Parks (Thumper), Edward Bishop (Klaus), and Larry Blake (Barker).