Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: PG
- Run Time: 1 hours, 56 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: April 7, 2009
- Originally Released: 1984
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Total Film - 12/01/2000
"...Peter Hyams' '84 sequel is more intelligent than most contemporary sci-fi, and there are tense moments..."
A team of American and Soviet astronauts travel in search of the lost ship "Discovery" as Cold War strife boils over back on Earth. A breathtaking if far less allegorical sequel to the sci-fi classic 2001 A SPACE ODYSSEY. Academy Award Nominations: 5.
Space Exploration |
- Film was also known as "2010" and "2010: Odyssey Two."
- Shot in Panavision and Metrocolor.
- Estimated budget $28 million.
- Began shooting February 7, 1984; completed shooting November 1984. Released in the USA December 1984.
- Syd Mead was credited as "Visual Futurist." Video Image handled the visual displays and graphics and additional optical effects were by Cinema Research Corporation. Film also includes a clip from Stanley Kubrick's "2001."
- Additional Visual Effects credits: George Jenson (Art Director); Dave Stewart (Super Panavision 65mm Camera); Conrad Buff (Editor); Neil Krepela (Matte Department Supervisor); Thaine Morris (Mechanical Effects Supervisor); Mark Stetson (Model Shop Supervisor); Mark Vargo (Optical Supervisor); Terry Windell and Garry Waller (Animation Supervisors); Matthew Yuricich (Chief Matte Artist); Randall William Cook (Stop-Motion Animation); Bob Johnston (Miniature Mechanical Effects); Digital Productions (Digital Jupiter Simulation).
- Rated BBFC PG by the British Board of Film Classification.