Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 49 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: April 7, 2009
- Originally Released: 1993
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
New York Times - 03/19/1993
"...[This remake] still packs a wallop, as does its heroine...[Fonda] fits in effortlessly..."
Rolling Stone - 04/15/1993
"...[Keitel] is truly chilling..."
USA Today - 03/19/1993
"...Keitel oozes menace..."
Entertainment Weekly - 01/13/1995
Chicago Sun-Times - 03/19/1993
"...Bridget Fonda manages the wild identity-swings of her role with intensity and conviction..."
In a grim future America, Maggie (Bridget Fonda), a beautiful young street punk, is about to be executed for killing a cop during a robbery, and is given the choice between death or becoming a government assassin. She accepts the latter and is trained in all manner of martial (and feminine) arts. She ably carries out her deadly assignments, and is groomed to become a powerful killer. Maggie is given a new identity, becomes the seductive Claudia, and is sent to Venice, California, where she begins her new life. But the training takes only too well: the formerly amoral murderess proceeds to fall in love with a photographer (Dermot Mulroney) and develop a conscience. Now she wants out, but the government isn't about to let her go without a fight. Director John Badham's remake of French director Luc Besson's LA FEMME NIKITA is a stylish and thrilling adaptation, featuring a solid performance from Bridget Fonda.
In director John Badham's POINT OF NO RETURN, a beautiful street junkie is transformed into a professional assassin by a government agency, but even as her life turns around, she has second thoughts about her deadly occupation. This is a remake of the French film LA FEMME NIKITA.
Theatrical Release |
- Theatrical release: March 19, 1993.
- Shot on location in Los Angeles, California; Washington, D.C.; and New Orleans, Louisiana.
- POINT OF NO RETURN is based on the 1990 French film LA FEMME NIKITA, written and directed by Luc Besson and starring Anne Parillaud.
- The films LA FEMME NIKITA and POINT OF NO RETURN inspired a TV series, LA FEMME NIKITA, which premiered on the USA cable network in early 1997.
- Director John Badham, makes a cameo appearance as a room-service waiter.
- The director of photography, Michael Watkins, makes a cameo appearance as the last guard at the gate during the escape.