Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 38 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: April 7, 2009
- Originally Released: 2000
- Label: New Line Home Video
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Total Film - 06/01/2000
"...This one will have you laughing all the way to the end..."
Sight and Sound - 07/01/2000
"...Wong has the potential to be a major director....The film has quite a lot going for it..."
Los Angeles Times - 03/17/2000
"...Swift and scary....FINAL DESTINATION unfolds on an unusually intelligent and philosophical plane..."
Chicago Sun-Times - 03/17/2000
"...[Featuring] a talented cast..."
Alex Browning (Devon Sawa) and his entire high school class are bound for a trip to Paris, but just before the plane takes off, Alex has a horrifying premonition of the plane exploding. He panics and in the commotion gets thrown off the plane, along with a teacher and several other students, including a jock (Kerr Smith) and a shy girl (Ali Larter). When the plane then explodes as predicted, Alex and the other teens must deal with the guilt of having escaped death while their friends perished. But death is not finished, as first Alex's friend Tod is killed in a bizarre household accident, and then each of the other survivors begins to die, one by one. While a pair of FBI agents suspect Alex of being involved in the deaths, he and the remaining survivors must learn the mysterious secret that surrounds them before death catches up at last. FINAL DESTINATION is a ghoulish supernatural horror film written and directed by two of the writers of THE X-FILES, featuring lots of references to classic horror films of the past and a sinister turn by Tony Todd (CANDYMAN) as an undertaker.
Black Comedy |
Theatrical Release |
- The film's ending was rewritten and reshot several months after the rest of the film.
- The soundtrack prominently features John Denver's "Rocky Mountain High."
- Most of the film's characters have the last names of famous horror directors and stars: Hitchcock, Browning, Chaney, Murnau, and others.