- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 41 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: May 21, 2013
- Originally Released: 1964
- Label: Paramount Catalog
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: Theatrical Trailer
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- Subtitles - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Rough-but-tender Charlie Rogers hopes that, in Maggie Morgan's carnival, he has finally found a steady singing job. Maggie, in turn, sees in the sexy, popular Charlie a way out of her financial difficulties.
As Charlie begins to draw a host of listeners, he becomes attracted to Cathy Lean. Their mutual affection grows, but Cathy's brother, Joe, the curmudgeonly carnival supervisor, puts a stop to that.
After a fight with Joe and a disagreement with Cathy, Charlie splits this sideshow for another carnival. Meanwhile, a variety of intriguing events, including a misplaced wallet and relentless brunette, thrust Charlie back into conflict with Joe... and possibly back into the company of Cathy.
Elvis Presley |
- Additional cast: Wilda Taylor (Little Egypt)2.
- Additional crew: Robert Benton (set decorator).
- Color by Technicolor.
- Other songs include: "Little Egypt," "I Never Had It So Good," and "Hard Knocks."