- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 1992
- Label: Collectables Records
Description by OLDIES.com:
Tommy Ridgley was part of the flourishing New Orleans R&B scene in the '50s. He started as a band singer with a Dixieland group, and made the blues his specialty. In the early '50s Ridgley was signed to the Herald label and he soon scored local hits with "When I Meet My Girl", "Baby Do Little", and "I've Heard That Story Before". His finest Herald recordings are included here along with a half dozen previously unreleased tracks.
- 1.When I Meet My Girl
- 2.I've Heard That Story Before
- 3.Baby Do Little
- 4.Memory Melody (Previously Unreleased, Instrumental)
- 5.What'cha Gonna Do
- 6.Alone But Not Lonely (Previously Unreleased)
- 8.Real Gone Jame (Previously Unreleased, Instrumental)
- 9.Just A Memory
- 10.Ding Dong School (Previously Unreleased)
- 11.Come Back Baby
- 12.I've Got My Eyes On You (Previously Unreleased)
- 13.Lonely Tune (Previously Unreleased, Instrumental)
- 14.How I Feel
- 15.Wont'cha Gone
- 16.Baby Do Little (Previously Unreleased)
- 17.Mairzy Doats
Contains 17 tracks including 7 previously unreleased tunes.
Includes liner notes by Marv Goldberg.
Personnel: Tommy Ridgley (vocals, piano).
There's some very nice late-'50s New Orleans R&B recommending this 17-track collection, along with a few superfluous instrumental backing tracks that could have safely been jettisoned altogether. Ridgley's stint at Herald included the sizzling "When I Meet My Girl," "Baby Do Little," and several more impressive rocking efforts, backed by the esteemed crew at Cosimo's Crescent City studio -- saxist Lee Allen, etc. ~ Bill Dahl