Willie Kent Too Hurt to Cry
- Released: February 14, 1994
- Originally Released: 1994
- Label: Delmark
- $0.99 on iTunes1.Too Hurt to Cry
- $0.99 on iTunes2.Going Down the Road
- 3.A Man and the Blues
- 4.Willie Mae
- 5.Blues Train
- $0.99 on iTunes6.Just Sitting Here Thinking
- $0.99 on iTunes7.Good Man Feeling Bad
- $0.99 on iTunes8.This Thing Called Love
- $0.99 on iTunes10.In Case We Both Are Wrong
- $0.99 on iTunes11.Night Time Is the Right Time
- $0.99 on iTunes12.Countdown
- $0.99 on iTunes13.All Night Long
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel includes: Willie Kent (vocals, bass); Billy Branch (harmonica); The Gents.
Personnel: Willie Kent (vocals); Jacob Dawson, Will Davis , Johnny B. Moore (guitar); Billy Branch (harmonica); Sonny Seals (tenor saxophone); Malachi Thompson (trumpet); Steve Berry (trombone); Kenny Barker (piano, organ); Timothy Taylor (drums).
Photographer: Gary Hannabarger.
Unknown Contributor Roles: Pete Nathan; Steve Wagner .
Arranger: Malachi Thompson.
There's little newness anyone should expect to hear on a contemporary blues record. The only thing that makes them valuable is if the performer has their own notion of the blues and can state it in a distinctive manner. Willie Kent certainly can; his mournful, often powerful vocals are frequently memorable, even when he's mining the reliable formula of heartache and anguish. If his compositions aren't lyrically transcendent, Kent's rendering of the words elevates them. You never tire of hearing him sing, and he makes you feel and believe his messages, even as his backing band plugs in familiar progressions and lines behind him. Indeed, it's only when Kent covers someone else's music that things become less interesting. ~ Ron Wynn
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) TOP 10 Bestseller
99¢ on SALE