- Rated: PG-13
- Run Time: 1 hours, 39 minutes
- Video: Color
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: April 14, 2009
- Originally Released: 1987
- Label: Lions Gate
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame
- Dolby Digital 2.0 - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Original Theatrical Trailer
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Variety - 11/04/1987
"...[The film has] a certain sense of effervescence because of the adrenaline-pumped performance of lead actor Jon Cryer..."
John Cryer stars in this meld of a 1980s teen comedy and a mob film as Andrew, a young stockbroker who's scheduled to testify against the mob. However, Andrew runs for his life after assassins kill an FBI agent protecting him. Shaving his beard and bleaching his hair, Andrew assumes the guise of a high school student and finds himself ill suited to go through high school once again. However, when he becomes enchanted with one of the school's female students, Andrew not only finds it difficult to act his age around her parents, but also begins rethinking his life. Unfortunately, before he has much time to relive his high school days, he's spotted by the mob, forcing Andrew to make a difficult decision.
27-year-old stockbroker Andrew Morenski goes undercover at his cousin's high school after an attempt is made on his life by mobsters involved in a bonds scandal who want to keep him from testifying against them.
- Feature-film directorial debut for Bob Giraldi.
- Filmed in Boston, Massachusetts and North Carolina; shot in Technicolor.
- Gretchen Cryer, who plays Jon Cryer's aunt in the film, is his real-life mother.