- Rated: R
- Run Time: 2 hours, 1 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: May 21, 2013
- Originally Released: 1970
- Label: Paramount Catalog
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: Commentary by Mike Nichols and Steven Soderbergh
- Photo gallery
- Theatrical trailer
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English, French
- Subtitles - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Entertainment Weekly - 07/20/2001
"...Arkin anchors a comic ensemble that presents a dozen kinds of madness..."
Premiere - 05/01/2006
"[A]n intelligent, star-studded adaptation of Joseph Heller's classic antiwar novel..."
This film adaptation of Joseph Heller's best-selling novel tells the story of a very eccentric air force troop stationed in the Mediterranean during WWII. Centering on the highly neurotic and paranoid Captain Yossarian, the black comedy captures the paradoxes and surrealism that pervade military life.
Black Comedy |
Essential Cinema |
Theatrical Release |
World War II
- Theatrical release: June 24, 1970
- CATCH-22 was filmed on location in Italy and Mexico.
- Martin Balsam replaced Stacy Keach in the role of Col. Cathcart over age concerns that Nichols had.
- Second Unit Director John Jordan plummeted to his death during the film's production.