An Introduction to Sonny Terry & Brownie McGhee
Rare & Hard-To-Find Audio CDs (series)
- Released: February 7, 2006
- Originally Released: 2006
- Label: Fuel 2000
- 1.I'm a Stranger Here
- 2.Blues For Gamblers - (featuring Lightnin' Hopkins / Big Joe Williams)
- 3.Walk On
- 4.Early in the Morning Blues - (featuring Lightnin' Hopkins / Big Joe Williams)
- 5.Blues For the Lowland
- 6.Down by the Riverside
- 7.Blowin' the Fuse
- 8.Trouble in Mind
- 9.Po' Boys
- 10.Right on That Shore - (featuring Lightnin' Hopkins / Big Joe Williams)
- 11.Drinkin' in the Blues
- 12.Midnight Special
- 13.I Was Born With the Blues
- 14.What a Beautiful City
- 15.Blues All 'Round My Bed
- 16.It Takes a Worried Man
- 17.Cornbread, Peas and Black Molasses
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Sonny Terry & Brownie McGhee: Big Joe Williams (vocals, guitar); Joining Sonny, Sonny Terry, Brownie McGhee (vocals); Lightnin' Hopkins (guitar).
This 2006 collection ably lives up to its name, providing a fine selection of recordings by the renowned blues duo of harp player Sonny Terry and guitarist Brownie McGhee. Sharing vocal duties, Terry and McGhee saunter through a set of classics here, including the laid-back "Early in the Morning Blues." Although these latter-day songs lack the edge of the pair's seminal 1940s and '50s work, they still showcase Terry and McGhee's remarkably intuitive interplay, particularly on the plaintive "Trouble in Mind" and the shuffling "It Takes a Worried Man." As a primer on the partnership of Terry and McGhee, you could do a lot worse than this budget-priced disc.
American Folk Blues Festival 1962-1966, Volume 2 (DVD)
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD...
$8.48 LABOR DAY
WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD)
$2.98 on SALE