Elvis Presley I Believe: The Gospel Masters (4-CD)
LOW STOCK: Only 2 copies left
|LABOR DAY SALE:||$35.29 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$4.69 (12% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Number of Discs: 4
- Released: March 30, 2009
- Originally Released: 2009
- Label: Sony Legacy
Record Collector (magazine) - p.924 stars out of 5 -- "Ultimately, the sacred songs became integral to Elvis' make-up, and he put more of his heart and soul into them than much of the throwaway pulp of the movie years."
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.I Believe
- 2.(There'll Be) Peace In the Valley (For Me)
- 3.Take My Hand, Precious Lord
- 4.It is No Secret (What God Can Do)
- 5.Milky White Way
- 6.His Hand In Mine
- 7.I Believe In the Man In the Sky
- 8.He Knows Just What I Need
- 9.Mansion Over the Hilltop
- 10.In My Father's House
- 11.Joshua Fit the Battle
- 12.Swing Down Sweet Chariot
- 13.I'm Gonna Walk Dem Golden Stairs
- 14.If We Never Meet Again
- 15.Known Only To Him
- 16.Crying In the Chapel
- 17.Working On the Building
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.Run On
- 2.How Great Thou Art
- 3.Stand By Me
- 4.Where No One Stands Alone
- 5.So High
- 6.Farther Along
- 7.By and By
- 8.In the Garden
- 9.Somebody Bigger Than You and I
- 10.Without Him
- 11.If the Lord Wasn't Walking By My Side
- 12.Where Could I Go But To the Lord
- 13.You'll Never Walk Alone
- 14.We Call On Him
- 15.Who Am I?
Tracks on Disc 3:
- 1.I Was Born About Ten Thousand Years Ago
- 3.Only Believe
- 4.Amazing Grace
- 5.Lead Me, Guide Me
- 6.He Touched Me
- 7.I've Got Confidence
- 8.Evening Prayer, An
- 9.Seeing is Believing
- 10.A Thing Called Love
- 11.Put Your Hand In the Hand
- 12.Reach Out To Jesus
- 13.He is My Everything
- 14.There is No God But God
- 15.Bosom of Abraham
- 16.I, John
- 17.I Got a Feelin' In My Body
- 18.Help Me
- 19.If That Isn't Love
Tracks on Disc 4:
- 1.Medley: Down By the Riverside / When the Saints Go Marching In [From Frankie and Johnny]
- 2.Sing You Children [From Easy Come Easy Go]
- 3.Swing Down Sweet Chariot [From the Trouble With Girls]
- 4.Let Us Pray [From Change of Habit]
- 5.Medley: Where Could I Go But To the Lord / Above My Head / Saved [From the '68 Comeback Special]
- 6.If I Can Dream [From the '68 Comeback Special]
- 7.Why Me Lord - (live)
- 8.How Great Thou Art - (live)
- 9.Help Me - (live)
- 10.I, John [From Elvis On Tour]
- 11.Bosom of Abraham [From Elvis On Tour]
- 12.You Better Run [From Elvis On Tour]
- 13.Lead Me, Guide Me [From Elvis On Tour]
- 14.Medley: Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus / Nearer My God To Thee [From Elvis On Tour]
- 15.Oh How I Love Jesus [Home Recording]
- 16.Show Me Thy Ways, O Lord [Home Recording]
- 17.Hide Thou Me [Home Recording]
Adapter: Elvis Presley.
Personnel: Elvis Presley (guitar, piano); Charlie Hodge (vocals, guitar); Mary Holladay, Susan Pilkington, Dolores Edgin, June Page, Temple Riser, Sonja Montgomery, Mary Hylan Cain, Ginger Holladay, J.D. Sumner, Marilyn Mason, Kathy Westmoreland, The Blossoms, The Jordanaires, Jack Halloran, Ron Hicklin, Millie Kirkham, Joe Babcock (vocals); Chip Young, Dennis Budimir, Robert Gibbons, Mike Deasy Sr. , Hank Garland, Harold Bradley, Howard Roberts , James Burton, Jerry McGee, Reggie Young , Scotty Moore, Tommy Tedesco , Tiny Timbrell, Robert Bain (guitar); Pete Drake (steel guitar); Tommy Morgan (harmonica); Gus Bivona, Jerry Scheff, Rufus Long, Boots Randolph (saxophone); Roy Caton, George Worth (trumpet); Richard L. Noel, Lew McCreary, Butch Parker (trombone); John "Snakehips" Johnson, Robert Corwin (tuba); Henry Slaughter (piano, organ); Don Randi, Dudley Brooks, Floyd Cramer, Glen D. Hardin, Roger Kellaway, Joe Moscheo, Gordon Stoker, Larry Muhoberac, Bobby Ogdin, Bobby Wood (piano); Michel Rubini (harpsichord); Randy Cullers, Glen Spreen, Hoyt Hawkins, Bobby Emmons (organ); Larry Knechtel (keyboards); Buddy Harman (drums, timpani); D.J. Fontana, Curry B. Tjader, Gene Chrisman, Frank Carlson, Hal Blaine, John Guerin, Kenny Buttrey, Ronnie Tutt, Jerry Carrigan (drums); Elliott Franks, Rob Galbraith, John Cyr (percussion).
Audio Remasterer: Vic Anesini.
Liner Note Authors: Mike Cimicata; Ernst Mikael Jorgensen.
Recording information: American Studios, Memphis, TN (01/12/1957-03/20/1974); Decca Universal Studio, Hollywood, CA (01/12/1957-03/20/1974); Mid-South Coliseum, Memphis (01/12/1957-03/20/1974); Paramount Studio Recording Stage, Hollywood, CA (01/12/1957-03/20/1974); Radio Recorders, Hollywood, CA (01/12/1957-03/20/1974); RCA Studio, Nashville, TN (01/12/1957-03/20/1974); Rocca Place, Hollywood, CA (01/12/1957-03/20/1974); Stax Studios, Memphis (01/12/1957-03/20/1974); United Artists Recorders, Hollywood, CA (01/12/1957-03/20/1974); Western Recorders, Hollywood, CA (01/12/1957-03/20/1974).
Arranger: Elvis Presley.
The four-disc I BELIEVE: THE GOSPEL MASTERS is the most comprehensive overview of Elvis Presley's gospel material ever assembled. The first three discs contain all of the inspirational material Elvis recorded in studio during his three-decades-plus career, while the fourth disc contains songs from his soundtracks and TV appearances, along with two legendary (and previously bootleg only) rehearsal tapes from 1966 and 1972. This is the last word on Elvis Presley's gospel side.
Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD...
$8.48 LABOR DAY
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)
$16.98 LABOR DAY
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 40 ratings.
Based on 40 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD)
$2.98 on SALE
Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 3 - Disc 2 (CD)
$1.98 on SALE