Johnny Mack Brown Double Feature: Boothill Brigade (1937) / Lawless Land (1937)
|CYBER SALE:||$5.95 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2.03 (25% Off)|
- Johnny Mack Brown Double Feature: Boothill Brigade (1937) / Lawless Land (1937) - 11" x 17" Poster ~ $7.98
- Johnny Mack Brown, Volume 1: Bar-Z Bad Men / A Lawman Is Born / Boothill Brigade / Lawless Land /... ~ $14
More products that might interest you:
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 48 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: September 26, 2006
- Originally Released: 1937
- Label: Alpha Video
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Johnny Mack Brown|
|Directed by||Sam Newfield & Albert Ray|
Description by OLDIES.com:
This western was one of six collaborations between Johnny Mack Brown and prolific director Sam Newfield in 1937. The star was a former All-American halfback at the University of Alabama who turned down professional football offers to pursue a Hollywood career. An MGM contract in 1927 led to leading roles in westerns, and between 1942 and 1950, Brown was among the top-grossing Western movie stars.
Starring Johnny Mack Brown, Claire Rochelle, Dick Curtis, Horace Murphy, Frank LaRue; Directed By Sam Newfield.
Lawless Land (1937, B&W): Ranger Jeff Hayden arrives in town too late to prevent the murder of his friend, the local sheriff. Clay Wheeler capitalizes on the tragedy by getting himself elected to the victim's post on a "law-and-order" platform, claiming that a gang of cattle thieves are responsible for the killing. Soon the town doctor is also found shot to death. Hayden discovers that the two murder victims were friends of Letty Winston's deceased father and Wheeler has secretly been taking over her inheritance. Once the villain realizes that Hayden is wise to his crimes, the ruthless manipulator vows, "I'm gonna deal Hayden nothin' but misery from now on!"
An electrifying stunt features a wagon speeding over the side of a cliff within seconds of a man and woman jumping to safety. Although cinematographer Jack Greenhalgh efficiently photographed dozens of westerns during the 1930s, the most famous movie on his resume is a 1938 independent release called Tell Your Children - known today by its reissue title, Reefer Madness.
Starring Johnny Mack Brown, Louise Stanley, Ted Adams, Julian Rivero, Horace Murphy; Directed by Albert Ray.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 13 ratings.
- Sales Rank: 3,126
- UPC: 089218516497
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
- 2Pac Tupac - Live at the House of Blues (Blu-ray) ~ $15.96 CYBER SALE
- 2Pac Tupac - Complete Live Performances (2-DVD) ~ $15.96 CYBER SALE
- 50 Cent Behind-the-Scenes Footage and Music Videos (DVD) ~ $2.98 CYBER SALE
- 50 Cent Refuse 2 Die: The Unauthorized Biography (DVD) ~ $4.98 CYBER SALE
- 50 Cent Shoot First (DVD) ~ $4.98 CYBER SALE