Pure Moods, Volume 4
by Various Artists
- Released: October 1, 2002
- Originally Released: 2002
- Label: Virgin Records Us
- 1.November - Mythos
- 2.Purify - Balligomingo
- 3.Shadows in Silence - Enigma
- 4.Silence - Delerium / Sarah McLachlan
- 5.Song From a Secret Garden - Secret Garden
- 6.One Man's Dream - Yanni
- 7.Devotion - Jim Brickman
- 8.Fields of Gold - Eva Cassidy
- 9.Garden of Eden - Govi
- 10.Theme From Amelie - Yann Tiersen
- 11.Sea, The - George Winston
- 12.God Moving Over the Face of the Waters - Moby
- 13.Theme From Chocolat - Rachel Portman
- 14.Angel - Sarah McLachlan
- 15.She Moves Through the Fair - B-Tribe
- 16.This Love - Craig Armstrong / Elizabeth Fraser
- 17.River of Stars - Paul Schwartz Group
- 18.When You're Falling - Afro Celt Sound System / Peter Gabriel
PURE MOODS IV follows in the same vein as its predecessors; a mellow blending of various genres that end up being lumped and labeled together as contemporary instrumentals. Casting the net far and wide, the creators of this wildly successful series came up with selections by New Age icons Yanni ("One Man's Dream") and George Winston ("The Sea"), ambient trendsetters Enigma ("Shadows In Silence") and B-Tribe ("She Moves Through The Fair"), plus pop pianist Jim Brickman ("Devotion"). Other curious picks include late cult figure Eva Cassidy ("Fields Of Gold") and film composer Rachel Portman ("Theme From Chocolat").
Most interestingly, obvious attempts at tempting the youth market include an Afro-Celt Sound System/Peter Gabriel collaboration ("When You're Falling"), a Moby cut ("God Moving Over The Face Of The Waters"), and a solo outing by Canadian chanteuse Sarah McLachlan ("Angel") as well as her team-up with Delerium ("Silence"). With its wealth of tranquil music, PURE MOODS IV serves as a brake for/break from modern times that seem to be getting more and more fast-paced.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 39 ratings.
Based on 39 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!