Bob Dylan New Morning
Only 9 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$5.97 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2.01 (25% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: March 30, 2009
- Originally Released: 2009
- Label: Sony Legacy
Rolling Stone - 11/26/70, p.32"...this is an album that, the less said about it, the better....In good conscience, all I can really say is get it yourself and prepare to boogie..."
- 1.If Not for You
- 2.Day of the Locusts
- 3.Time Passes Slowly
- 4.Went to See the Gypsy
- 6.If Dogs Run Free
- 7.New Morning
- 8.Sign on the Window
- 9.One More Weekend
- 10.The Man in Me
- 11.Three Angels
- 12.Father of Night
Personnel: Bob Dylan (vocals, acoustic guitar, electric guitar, piano, organ); David Bromberg (electric guitar, dobro); Al Kooper (electric guitar, French horn, piano, organ); Ray Cornelius, Ron Cornelius, Howard "Buzz" Feiten (electric guitar); Harvey Brooks , Charlie Daniels (bass instrument, electric bass); Russ Kunkel, Billy Mundi (drums); Albertine Robinson, Hilda Harris, Maeretha Stewart, Albertine Watson (background vocals).
Audio Remasterer: Greg Calbi.
Following the critical and commercial drubbing that SELF PORTRAIT received, Dylan returned to form with NEW MORNING. With its sepia-colored cover photo of a somewhat rabbinical-looking Dylan, this is a gentle, eclectic album in which the artist celebrates married life and living in the country. He sings about domestic bliss on "The Man in Me" and of the simple joy of being called 'pa' by his kids on "Sign in the Window." This was perhaps the last time that Dylan would release a collection of songs so free of his trademark bile. "If Not For You," for example, is gently, poetically romantic.
Much of the music bears some of the pastoral flavor of NASHVILLE SKYLINE. However the title track and the slide guitar-driven "One More Weekend" really rock. Elsewhere there are moments of quiet beauty: the eloquent "Time Passes Slowly" and the lilting, waltz-time "Winterlude." Dylan can even be heard enjoying himself in "If Dogs Run Free," which finds him uttering comical Beat-style jazz rhymes over scat singing. NEW MORNING ends with "Father of Night," a straightforward benediction that foreshadows some the religious themes that would follow later in the decade.
Bob DylanBootleg Series, Volume 10: Another Self Portrait...
$99.27 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 26 ratings.
Based on 26 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking titles in the Country & Bluegrass genre:
- Various Artists Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD) ~ $19.98 on SALE
- Johnny Cash Folsom Prison Blues / I Walk The Line (45) ~ $3
- Johnny Cash Original Golden Hits, Volumes 1 & 2 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Johnny Cash Sings I Walk The Line / Sings Folsom Prison Blues (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Merle Haggard My Favorite Memory / Big City (45) ~ $2.99 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 70s - Absolute Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - The 60's, Part 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Garage Band Halloween, Volume 2 (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Garage Band Halloween, Volume 1 (CD) ~ $3.98 on SALE