Little Milton Welcome to Little Milton
LOW STOCK: Only 3 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$15.62 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$3.36 (18% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: September 28, 1999
- Originally Released: 1999
- Label: Malaco Records
Dirty Linen - 6-7/00, p.77"...One of the best blues/R&B albums of 1999..."
Living Blues - 1-2/00, pp.59-60"...Milton bring the full force of his vocal prowes to the lung-pumping 'Love Hurts'....The most unusual pairing, between Milton and G.Love on 'Me And My Woman' is also among the most successful..."
Mojo (Publisher) - 12/99, p.118"...displaying the phenomenal chameleon qualities of Little Milton himself....While each of the dozen tracks assumes the traits of its guest, none loses the sense of its star. It's an amazing blend..."
- 1.When The Blues Come Knockin' - (with Gov't Mule)
- 2.Right To Sing The Blues
- 3.Mother Earth (For Little Milton)
- 4.Mother Earth - (with Susan Tedeschi)
- 5.Never Trust A Woman - (with Dave Alvin)
- 6.Love Hurts - (with Lucinda Williams)
- 7.Gimmie' My Broom - (with Keb' Mo')
- 8.Two Loves - (with Peter Wolf)
- 9.Lump On Your Stump
- 10.Me And My Woman - (with G. Love & Special Sauce)
- 11.Some Kind Of Wonderful - (with Delbert McClinton)
- 12.I Can't Quit You Baby - (with Gov't Mule)
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Little Milton (vocals, guitar); Warren Haynes, Keb Mo', Will McFarlane, Dave Alvin, G. Love, (guitar); Clayton Ivey (B3 hammond organ, wurlitzer); David Hood, Allen Woody, Jim Prescott (bass); Matt Abts, George Lawerence (drums, percussion); Jeff Clemens (drums); Jerry Smith & The Children Of Israel, Jewel Bass, Freddie Young, (background vocals).
Muscle Shoals Horns: Harvey Thompson, Doug Moffat (tenor saxophone); Jim Horn (baritone saxophone); Steve Patrick, Jim Williamson (trumpet); Charles Rose (trombone).
WELCOME TO LITTLE MILTON was nominated for the 2000 Grammy Award for Best Contemporary Blues Album.
Personnel: Little Milton (guitar); Jerry Smith, Freddie Young, The Children of Israel, Jewel Bass (vocals, background vocals); Dave Alvin, Aaron Love, Keb' Mo', Warren Haynes, Will McFarlane (guitar); Doug Moffat, Harvey Thompson (tenor saxophone); Jim Horn (baritone saxophone); Jim Williamson, Steve Patrick (trumpet); Charles Rose (trombone); Ivey Clayton Knechtel (organ); Clayton Ivey (Wurlitzer organ); George Lawrence (drums, percussion); Matt Abts (drums).
Audio Mixers: Kent Bruce ; Charles Hart.
Recording information: Malaco Studios, Jackson, MS; Muscle Shoals Sound Studios, Sh; Sound Studios, Sheffiedl, AL.
Photographers: Jed Hoile; James Patterson.
Unknown Contributor Roles: Peter Wolf ; Gov't Mule; Special Sauce.
Arranger: Charles Rose.
For his last album of the 20th century, soul/blues legend Little Milton gathered together a bunch of friends and admirers to cut 11 songs in a spirited meeting of old and new generations not heard since John Lee Hooker recorded THE HEALER 10 years prior.
In his more than 50 years in the music industry, Little Milton has earned accolades for his singing, but unfortunately his tasty guitar playing has often gotten overlooked. WELCOME rectifies this situation as Milton takes the lead on the Susan Tedeschi duet "Mother Earth," gets heavy with Warren Haynes and Gov't Mule on "I Can't Quit You Baby," and trades licks with G. Love on the percolating "Me and My Woman." Milton's ubiquitous influence on contemporary blues also becomes apparent, particularly on "Right to Sing the Blues," where he easily shows that O.V. Wright wasn't the only R&B artist to influence Robert Cray's soul-blues style. Throughout WELCOME, Milton shows off his remarkable range. He's equally at home crooning with Lucinda Williams on the Bouldeaux Bryant ballad "Love Hurts," funking it up with Keb' Mo' on "Gimmie My Broom," or trading barbs with Peter Wolf on his "Two Loves."
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 2 ratings.
Based on 2 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 70s - Absolute Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Jukebox Hits of the 70s, Volume 4 & 5 (2-CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 80s: Groovin' Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 4 - Disc 2 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE