- Rated: R
- Run Time: 2 hours, 25 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: January 26, 2010
- Originally Released: 1984
- Label: Criterion
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: Disc one:
- New, restored high-definition digital transfer, supervised and approved by director Wim Wenders
- Audio commentary featuring Wenders
- Disc two:
- Video interview with Wenders by German journalist Roger Willemsen
- Excerpts from a 1990 documentary on Wenders, featuring interviews with Wenders, cinematographer Robby Müller, composer Ry Cooder, actors Harry Dean Stanton, Dennis Hopper, Peter Falk, and Hanns Zischler, novelist Patricia Hihgsmith, and director Samuel Fuller
- New video interviews with filmmakers Allison Anders and Claire Denis
- "Wim Wenders Hollywood April '84," a segment from the French television program Cinéma cinémas, showing Wenders and Cooder at work on the score
- Deleted scenes and super 8 home movies
- Gallery of Wenders's location-scouting photos
- Behind-the-scenes photos by Robin Holland
- Theatrical trailer
- Special Edition
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.78
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Cannes 1984 -
Variety - 05/23/1984
"...PARIS, TEXAS is refined arthouse cinema...It's indeed a beautiful film....Some images are positively breathtaking..."
Entertainment Weekly - 12/10/2004
"[With] moments of serene, unearthly beauty."
Premiere - 03/01/2005
"[O]ne of Wenders's most painful and poetic films..."
Total Film - 04/01/2013
5 stars out of 5 -- "Hailed as a classic on release, PARIS, TEXAS has improved with age."
Winner of the Grand Prize at the Cannes Film Festival in 1984, Wim Wenders's PARIS, TEXAS tells the haunting story of an amnesiac (Harry Dean Stanton) and his struggle to rebuild his shattered life. Featuring a story by Sam Shepard and a renowned score by Ry Cooder, the film also stars Nastassja Kinski and Dean Stockwell.
Road Movies |
Theatrical Release |