Gotta Let This Hen Out! (Live)
Rare & Hard-To-Find Audio CDs (series)
Only 4 copies left
|You Save:||$6 (50% Off)|
Rare & Hard-to-Find: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: August 18, 2008
- Originally Released: 2008
- Label: Yep Roc Records
Melody Maker - 7/8/95, p.34"...many...of Hitchcock's best tracks, performed with a muscularity that would have hugely benefited some of the studio versions..."
- 1.Sometimes I Wish I Was a Pretty Girl
- 2.Kingdom of Love
- 3.Acid Bird
- 4.The Cars She Used To Drive
- 5.My Wife and My Dead Wife
- 6.Brenda's Iron Sledge
- 7.The Fly
- 8.Only the Stones Remain
- 9.Egyptian Cream
- 10.Leppo and the Jooves
- 13.Listening To the Higsons
- 14.The Face of Death
- 15.If You Were a Priest
- 17.I'm Only You
- 19.Egyptian Cream
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Tracks 7-9 were not included on the original vinyl release of GOTTA LET THIS HEN OUT!, and were added as bonus tracks to the first CD issue in 1986.
Robyn Hitchcock & The Egyptians: Robyn Hitchcock (vocals, guitar, bass); Roger Jackson (keyboards); Andy Metcalfe (bass, background vocals, drums); Morris Windsor (drums, guitar).
Recorded live at The Marquee, London, England on April 27, 1985. Originally released on Relativity. Includes liner notes by Grant Alden.
Robyn Hitchcock/Robyn Hitchcock & the Egyptians: Robyn Hitchcock (vocals, guitar); Andy Metcalfe (vocals, bass instrument); Roger Jackson (keyboards); Morris Windsor (drums).
Audio Remasterers: Donal Whelan; Charlie Francis.
Recorded live in London in 1985, GOTTA LET THIS HEN OUT! found a fully revitalized Robyn Hitchcock rolling along swimmingly with a band just beginning a long and fruitful roll. One previous studio album with the Egyptians, FEGMANIA! announced them in name, but the intervening time spent touring brought them to a cohesion in spirit as well. Hitchcock draws from his Soft Boys catalog ("Kingdom Of Love," "Only The Stones Remain," and "Leppo And The Jooves") as well as each of his own solo releases.
Notably, the band brings spark and power to "The Cars She Used To Drive" and "America" which had first appeared on GROOVY DECAY, the album which had so demoralized Hitchcock that he took a sabbatical from the music business. It's rare for a band to record a live album this early in their career. Hearing these results, however, it's apparent that Robyn Hitchcock and The Egyptians did the right thing.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 2 ratings.
Based on 2 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 24,726
- UPC: 634457261723
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 3 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 2 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 70s - Absolute Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Afternoon Delight: 70's Romance (CD) ~ $4.98 on SALE
- Enchantment Golden Classics, Featuring "Gloria" (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE