- Released: April 5, 2011
- Originally Released: 2011
- Label: Imports
- 1.Under My Wheels - - Alice Cooper featuring Axl Rose, Izzy Stradlin, & Slash
- 2.Bathroom Wall - Faster Pussycat
- 3.Cradle to the Grave - Motorhead
- 4.You Can Run But You Can't Hide - Armored Saint
- 5.Born to Be Wild - Lizzy Borden
- 6.In My Darkest Hour - Megadeth
- 7.Prophecy - Queensryche
- 8.The Brave - Metal Church
- 9.Foaming at the Mouth - Rigor Mortis
- 10.Colleen - Seduce
Recorded in Los Angeles, California between December 1979 and May 1980.
Additional personnel: Gene Simmons, Rikki Rockett.
Recording information: Perkins Palace, Pasadena, CA (10/13/1987); The Cathouse, Hollywood, CA (10/13/1987); The Cave, Hollywood, CA (10/13/1987); Perkins Palace, Pasadena, CA (10/17/1987); The Cathouse, Hollywood, CA (10/17/1987); The Cave, Hollywood, CA (10/17/1987); Perkins Palace, Pasadena, CA (10/31/1987); The Cathouse, Hollywood, CA (10/31/1987); The Cave, Hollywood, CA (10/31/1987).
Photographers: Dave Plastik; Alex Solca; Bob Alford; Greg Allen ; Neil Zlozower; Jodi Beth Summers; Robert John.
While most of the screen time in Penelope Spheeris's 1988 documentary, The Decline of the Western Civilization, Pt. 2: The Metal Years, is devoted to Sunset Strip hair metal, the soundtrack presents a much more varied and accurate snapshot of the late-'80s metal scene. Offerings from Seattle's Metal Church and L.A.'s Armored Saint embody speedier power metal, old-timers like Alice Cooper (with Guns N' Roses guesting) and Motorhead come out to play, and thrash is represented by Rigor Mortis's "Foaming at the Mouth." However, it's songs like Faster Pussycat's "The Bathroom Wall" that truly capture the spirit of the film. ~ Tom Forget