- Rated: Unrated
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 49 minutes
- Video: Black & White / Color
- Released: March 31, 2009
- Originally Released: 2008
- Label: Microcinema
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Additional Release Material:
- Upcoming Releases From Provocateur
- It Gets Worse - Clifton Childree's Chilling One-Reeler
- Manuelle Labor
- Born of The Wind
- Satan Claus
- The Psychotic Odyssey of Richard Chase
- The Red Door Excerpt
Performers, Cast and Crew:
The third edition of EXPERIMENTS IN TERROR is a neurological cinema of the lights, textures, and proportions that comprise the very language of inexplicable fear. Physiologically fragmented and utterly disquieting, this collection of short pieces from such avant-garde filmmakers as Guy Maddin, Carey Burrt, and J.X. Williams (as well as excerpts from Jason Bognack's feature-length film, THE RED DOOR, shot in 4K video quality on the RED camera) completely ignores the boundaries of narrative terror.
Striking for the third time, EXPERIMENTS IN TERROR 3 unleashes another hallucinogenic orgy of the uncanny, the dreadful, and the macabre.
Employing a mesmerizing montage of terrifying tropes and fiendish footage, our kino-coven conjures more than a bewitching hour of visionary cinema. Pounding a stake through the heart of genre convention, this shocking program expands the cinematic language of fear, breaking the chains of narrative logic and leaving only the black void of the infinite unconscious.