- Released: August 10, 2004
- Label: Jive
- 1.Here I Go
- 2.Shake Ya Ass - (featuring Pharrell Williams)
- 3.Danger (Been So Long) - (featuring Nivea)
- 4.P***y Pop - (previously unreleased)
- 5.Bouncin' Back (Bumpin' Me Against the Wall) - (featuring Pharrell Williams)
- 6.If It Ain't Live, It Ain't Me
- 7.The Man Right Chea
- 8.I Smell Smoke
- 9.Y'All Ain't Ready Yet
- 10.Tarantula - (featuring Butch Cassidy)
- 11.Hypno - (previously unreleased)
- 13.Murder 2 - (previously unreleased)
- 14.That's the N***a
Personnel: Mystikal; Nivea, Pharrell Williams, Butch Cassidy.
Audio Mixer: Brian Stanley .
Audio Remasterer: Chaz Harper.
Recording information: Circle House Studios, Miami, FL.
Illustrator: Dajuan Austin.
Photographer: Daniel Hastings.
With PRINCE OF THE SOUTH...THE HITS, rapper Mystikal reaffirms his status as one of hip-hop's most distinctive and popular voices. This best-of collection presents 12 of the most memorable tracks from the New Orleans-based artist's best-selling albums (MIND OF MYSTIKAL, UNPREDICTABLE, GHETTO FABULOUS, and others).
For the uninitiated, this is a perfect way to discover Mystikal in all of his seemingly contradictory glory--hyper-aggressive vocals placed on top of tender, funky grooves. Of course, the rapper's most recognizable hits came compliments of producers the Neptunes, whose melodic grooves helped to turn Mystikal into a worldwide sensation with "Shake Ya A**," "Danger (Been So Long)," "Bouncin' Back (Bumpin' Me Against the Wall)," and more. Other standout tracks include the Scott Storch-produced "Tarantula" and KLC's "That's the N***a." For the already converted, two new singles (the up-tempo "P***y Pop" and "Hypno") are included to whet listeners' appetites for the next release.