- Released: January 12, 1999
- Label: Jive
- 1.Round Out the Tank
- 2.There He Go - (featuring Guillotine)
- 3.Keep It Hype
- 4.That's the N***a
- 5.Ghetto Fabulous - (featuring Charlie Wilson / Snoop Dogg)
- 6.Life Ain't Cool - (featuring Silkk the Shocker / Master P)
- 7.I'm on Fire
- 8.Whacha Want, Whacha Need - (featuring Busta Rhymes)
- 9.Stick Up, The - (featuring Mia X/Fiend)
- 10.I Smell Smoke
- 11.Respect My Mind - (featuring Guillotine)
- 12.Stack Yo Chips - (featuring Master P/C-Murder)
- 13.Dirty South, Dirty Jerz - (featuring Naughty by Nature)
- 15.Let's Go Do It - (featuring Snoop Dogg / Silkk the Shocker)
- 16.What's Your Alias? - (featuring Fiend / M.A.C./Silkk the Shocker)
Personnel: Mystikal, Guillotine, Snoop Dogg, Silkk The Shocker, C-Murder, Master P, Busta Rhymes, Mia X, Fiend, Naughty By Nature, Mac (rap vocals); Charlie Wilson (vocals); KLC (scratches); Anita Thomas, O'Dell (background vocals).
Producers include: KLC, Carlos Stevens, Mo B Dick, Craig B, Dez.
Personnel: O'Dell, Anita Thomas (background vocals).
Audio Mixer: Beats by the Pound.
Recording information: No Limit Studios.
One could be forgiven for assuming that the creative process for a No Limit production involves Master P calling in the usual posse of guest artists along with the Beats by the Pound production crew and letting loose. In reality, while there's a common artistic thread linking the albums of Steady Mobbin', C-Murder and the like, it's their individuality that makes them intriguing and listenable. Nowhere is this more obvious than on GHETTO FABULOUS.
Mystikal does call on the considerable talents of Snoop Dogg, Silkk the Shocker and other labelmates, but the full frontal assault of GHETTO FABULOUS is all his own. Mystikal's agitated, effectively over-the-top rapping style is the perfect medium for conveying the claustrophobic urban warzone scenarios of tracks like "There He Go" and "The Stick Up." Sparse production leaves more space in the tracks for Mystikal's eminently room-filling vocal presence, which is the rightful focus of GHETTO FABULOUS.