Lang Lang A Dangerous Method [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack]
|You Save:||$1.50 (10% Off)|
Currently Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
- Released: November 21, 2011
- Originally Released: 2011
- Label: Sony Classics
- 1.A Dangerous Method: Burghh”lzli
- 2.A Dangerous Method: Miss Spielrein
- 3.A Dangerous Method: Galvanometer
- 4.A Dangerous Method: Carriage
- 5.A Dangerous Method: He's Very Persuasive
- 6.A Dangerous Method: Sabina
- 7.A Dangerous Method: Otto Gross
- 8.A Dangerous Method: A Boat With Red Sails
- 9.A Dangerous Method: Siegfried
- 10.A Dangerous Method: Freedom
- 11.A Dangerous Method: End of the Affair
- 12.A Dangerous Method: Letters
- 13.A Dangerous Method: Confession
- 14.A Dangerous Method: Risk My Authority
- 15.A Dangerous Method: Vienna
- 16.A Dangerous Method: Only One God
- 17.A Dangerous Method: Something Unforgivable
- 18.A Dangerous Method: Reflection
- 19.Siegfried Idyll
Composer: Howard Shore .
Composers: Howard Shore ; Richard Wagner .
Adapter: Howard Shore .
Personnel: James Sizemore (programming).
Audio Mixer: Simon Rhodes .
Recording information: Teldex Studio Berlin.
Editor: Jonathan Schultz.
Photographers: Marco Borggreve; Liam Daniel; Benjamin Ealovega.
"Burgh”lzli," the first cue on this album of Howard Shore's score for director David Cronenberg's film A Dangerous Method, begins with a slow, calm piano theme before moving into stirring, adventurous orchestral music. That turns out to be a good representation of the music in miniature. Set in pre-World War I Zurich and Vienna, A Dangerous Method concerns the relationship between psychoanalytic pioneers Sigmund Freud (Viggo Mortensen) and Carl Jung (Michael Fassbender), and of a woman who is a patient of both, Sabina Spielrein (Keira Knightley). Shore supports the setting and plot line with restrained, contemplative music in a classical mode suggestive of the late Romantic Era. His brief tracks suggest the troubled moods of sophisticated people in a period on the edge of extinction. And they are meant to fit in with the soundtrack's major section, a 32-minute version of Richard Wagner's 1870 work Siegfried's Idyll, arranged for piano by Shore and played by Lang Lang. The piece is a more delicate and personal effort than one associates with Wagner, written as a birthday present for his wife after the birth of their son. Again, it underlies a film concerned with complex emotions and psychological discoveries. ~ William Ruhlmann
La La Land (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (CD)
$9.71 Super Savings
the Music from "The Good Bad and the Ugly" & "A Fistful of... (CD)(45)
$6.14 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 5 ratings.
Based on 5 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!